U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2007, 09:48 AM

1,008 posts, read 3,732,526 times

Advertisements

To answer the original post: Orlando, Tacoma, Indianapolis and anywhere in Arkansas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2007, 09:58 AM

395 posts, read 910,568 times
Does anyone else wonder why just about every thread on this site that deals with "best/worst/favorite/ugliest/prettiest city" gets hijacked by people ranting about Houston, Texas? Just asking...

Old 06-15-2007, 10:31 AM

3,073 posts, read 10,771,034 times
Who's ranting?

Old 06-15-2007, 03:13 PM

1,647 posts, read 2,319,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jzer21 View Post
Does anyone else wonder why just about every thread on this site that deals with "best/worst/favorite/ugliest/prettiest city" gets hijacked by people ranting about Houston, Texas? Just asking...
Low self esteem of the city results in really over the top defense, that is why every other thread has houston in it, one would think its the best city here based on number of posts, but if one looks closely, it only a few folks who makes a huge number of posts on it.

Old 06-15-2007, 04:17 PM
b52

29 posts, read 152,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I was kinda disappointed with Albuquerque. Maybe it's just because I was staying with friends who had three young chidlren and that was our focus for "things to do," but other than Old Town and the Petroglyph State Park, all I remember is endless acres of cement and stucco.

I'd certainly be willing to give it another try, though.
Jacksonville----Ugly! Concrete! Rat Maze!
Savannah----I don't get the attraction some have for this ugly backwards little enclave of inhospitality--- and it stinks (literally)
Augusta Georgia----Home of the Masters.....the Governor cut funding for the Golf Hall of Fame located in a depressing area of the city----Most locals couldn't even tell you where the GHF is----Now they're wondering who's going to water all those plants.

Old 06-15-2007, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by person View Post
Low self esteem of the city results in really over the top defense, that is why every other thread has houston in it, one would think its the best city here based on number of posts, but if one looks closely, it only a few folks who makes a huge number of posts on it.
All I know is that I haven't started any of these Houston posts, but when someone asks about "your city" or says something incorrect about any city, some of us will be there say something about it. There's no need for any users to start getting all sour and what not just because someone disagrees with them about their comment.

Old 06-15-2007, 04:23 PM

4,723 posts, read 13,927,605 times
Texans do NOT have low self esteem -- Texans LOVE Texas

Old 06-15-2007, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b52 View Post
Jacksonville----Ugly! Concrete! Rat Maze!
Savannah----I don't get the attraction some have for this ugly backwards little enclave of inhospitality--- and it stinks (literally)
Augusta Georgia----Home of the Masters.....the Governor cut funding for the Golf Hall of Fame located in a depressing area of the city----Most locals couldn't even tell you where the GHF is----Now they're wondering who's going to water all those plants.
Are you serious?? Augusta is gorgeous. That is one of the sweetest, most beautiful places in the world. It's so serene and gorgeous. The food is good, the most lovely pine woods you will ever see, and if by chance it should happen to snow, the scenery is too much for words. Augusta is God's land, lol.

Old 06-15-2007, 04:41 PM

81 posts, read 297,016 times
These threads always make me laugh. It's always the same losers coming up with this stuff too.

Every two days I see threads like "Is such and such unimpressive...Which city is an embarrassment....What city would you not miss if it blew up...I would rather die than live in such and such"... It's the same thread over and over again, only reworded. Do these people not have lives or anything else better to do? I guess not.

I could care less who hates what city, but it seems that much of the hatred comes from stereotypes or irrelevant reasoning, often both. These threads are never meaningful. If you're going to make a thread like this, at least go into detail why you hate such and such and provide evidence. Two words cannot sum up an entire city but surely there are people here who would like you to think otherwise.

Old 06-15-2007, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefaultAlias View Post
at least go into detail why you hate such and such and provide evidence.
But when you do, you still get people attacking your opinions out of spite and constant disapproval of you period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or