U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2009, 06:57 PM

1,576 posts, read 5,137,196 times

Advertisements

I been to Jacksonville, FL and damn, that place is boring from border to border! I can't believe it is Florida's biggest city! That's what made it very unimpressive to me. No good architecture to make up for it's high crime, not so great scenery to make up for its terrible food, and no culture to make up for its lame history.. **farts with mouth showing thumbs down**
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 07:25 PM

8,340 posts, read 14,100,781 times
22 pages over the course of 2 years...........I am guessing every major city has been listed at least twice by someone who has never been to that city.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:45 PM

484 posts, read 1,400,290 times
I only have a few on my list so far. Most cities I like for at least one thing or another..except the following..

-Detroit. Absolutely horrible. I've been there a few times (not necessarily by choice) and hated every second of it.
-Las Vegas. I definitely think it's cool to visit, but the overall city itself is just horrible.
-Oklahoma City.
-Trenton New Jersey.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:35 AM

4,739 posts, read 7,558,694 times
Knoxville, TN
I-40 road construction that has not stopped once since 1980. They actually closed I-40 for one year and will not reopen it till later this year around April or June which is hysterical considering its a hub for all traffic flowing in from NC, KY and north and south bound TN.
When the World's Fair was being planned for its debut in 1982 the city government knew it was going to be designed to be a self contained site but kept it a secret so the locals blew millions on building very basic concrete block motels to house the 11 million visitors it brought into the area and sat there vacant. Many other businesses opened too that failed during the Worlds Fair and these neighborhoods have sat there in decay for the 27 years since then.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:02 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,725,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
Jacksonville, FL...... for the "third largest city on the East Coast" and the "largest city in Florida" it sure was lacking when I went to visit there..... I had a much better time in the much smaller St. Augustine....

Yeah its also the largest city land wise in the US but thats because the whole county is the city thats why its pop is so big

Old 03-17-2009, 09:59 AM

3,744 posts, read 8,689,395 times
Milwaukee- nice lakefront but downtown looked dead
Toledo- The wholetown looks like an old warehouse
St. Louis
Charlotte- Very clean, but most of people acted like introverts. I haven't been there in a while- I hear things have changed

Old 06-22-2010, 02:24 AM

5 posts, read 8,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newarkbomb View Post
I been to Jacksonville, FL and damn, that place is boring from border to border! I can't believe it is Florida's biggest city! That's what made it very unimpressive to me. No good architecture to make up for it's high crime, not so great scenery to make up for its terrible food, and no culture to make up for its lame history.. **farts with mouth showing thumbs down**
lol floridas biggest city??

ever heard of miami?

Last edited by SouthFL; 06-22-2010 at 02:24 AM.. Reason: misspelled word

Old 06-22-2010, 02:31 AM

12,521 posts, read 23,108,472 times
Davenport, Iowa

I didn't go there expecting much & left knowing exactly why I didn't.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:44 AM

4,247 posts, read 9,716,682 times
20 years ago I drove through Davenport and wasn't too impressed. A while later I actually wound up living there for a couple of years. I miss some aspects of living in the QC but I'm happier living in a green wooded hilly/mountainous area.

I was never too impressed with Kansas City or St. Louis but it has been 15 years since I was in KC and maybe 7 since I was in STL so that might not be fair. I remember going out with some work conferees in the artsy fixed-up bricky neighborhood just north of downtown STL, and when one of them said "There's twice as much going on in Syracuse as here," I had to agree. The light rail in STL is a strong point, I didn't have to rent a car.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:24 PM

2,414 posts, read 4,992,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthFL View Post
lol floridas biggest city??

ever heard of miami?
Land wise, Jacksonville is bigger than Miami.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or