U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does your tap water taste different from the water bottles?
Yes 41 80.39%
No 10 19.61%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 08:23 PM

1,994 posts, read 5,189,652 times

Advertisements

Yes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 11:05 PM

2,034 posts, read 4,554,066 times
Lafayette, Louisiana water tastes a bit chlorinated but I think it tastes pretty good. I agree that bottled water often tastes plasticky and odd.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:46 AM

5,857 posts, read 14,043,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
NYC has the best tap water out there.
When they serve you the free water there, of course it's from the tap, but it definitely taste better than any other tap water i tasted anywhere else; I also think it taste more fresh than the metal tasting bottled water.
NNJ's isn't as good, but it still is better than most, and it does kinda taste like i'm drinking from a water bottle.

I know some states like FL and LA for the most part aren't aloud to serve water from the tap at many restaurants because of all the sulfur and chlorine that is found in it.
Don't know whether or not it's allowed for restaurants, but if you've ever lived in FL you know you never drink straight from the tap. It smells and tastes bad! Most people there have some sort of filtration system.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:55 AM

5,857 posts, read 14,043,096 times
St. Paul city water comes from the Mississippi River. I'm glad we are so far upstream! It sounds grosser than it is. It tastes best in the spring and winter to me. We use a Brita filter, so that always fixes any off tastes.

Until the 90s, we had two large breweries in the city, Hamm's/Olympia/Stroh's on the East Side and Schmidt/Landmark/Pig's Eye on the West Side.. Neither used river water, each got their water from a different aquifer. They each had a tap that was open to the public and people used to flock to them with plastic milk jugs for their drinking water. It really did taste better than the treated river water. Both breweries are now closed. We now have a microbrewery in town (Summit) and they use city water.

Old 03-20-2014, 03:12 PM

6 posts, read 4,873 times
I have a Brita water pitcher with filters and it tastes better than tap or bottles.

Old 03-20-2014, 05:39 PM

1,235 posts, read 1,426,080 times
Memphis has THE best tasting tap water that I've ever consumed. I don't know how clean it is. However, it tastes great!. Much better than any bottled water that I've consumed.

Illinois water turned me off from tap water. Subsequently, I was turned on to bottled water.

Old 03-21-2014, 04:11 PM

613 posts, read 892,082 times
Depends on the tap and depends on the bottle. Overall, I notice differences though.

Old 03-21-2014, 04:42 PM

3,530 posts, read 4,262,848 times
Mine is snow-melt from the Sierra, filtered through Yosemite Park. Any guess which I prefer?

Seriously, that's one sure way to spot tourists in San Francisco--they're the ones ordering bottled water.

Old 03-21-2014, 05:13 PM

491 posts, read 1,174,003 times
Tap water in Phoenix area tastes chlorinated and just not that great, but I've had worse. I can at least drink the tap water in a pinch. Vegas was far worse tasting, and San Diego was so bad that everyone I knew gave their pets bottled water, and one of my friends once commented that he didn't even know how I could shower in such nasty water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.