U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2007, 02:10 AM

60 posts, read 47,189 times

Advertisements

Just a suggestion: when answering others' posts, you may want to direct people to the U.S. Census site. (Census dot gov). The site's American Fact Finder link, prominently displayed on the home page, provides helpful statistics by state, county and zip code. Invite folks to visit the Census site and find a plethora of information.

And no, I don't work for the U.S. Census.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2007, 08:38 AM

1,735 posts, read 4,232,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Travel View Post
Just a suggestion: when answering others' posts, you may want to direct people to the U.S. Census site. (Census dot gov). The site's American Fact Finder link, prominently displayed on the home page, provides helpful statistics by state, county and zip code. Invite folks to visit the Census site and find a plethora of information.

The census is no longer a reliable source of information on population. Ther are an “estimated” 20+ million unregistered people in the US. This estimate is probably less than half of the real number. The census will never accurately count these unregistered(illegal) people. Example; LA, CA has a population of 3,694,820. Anyone that has ever lived there knows that they are short by at least 3 million unregistered people.
If I was going to move some where I would ask someone who lives there instead of using some government statistic as a guide.

Old 04-22-2007, 08:54 AM

1,025 posts, read 3,766,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Travel View Post

Better idea?

You could click on the left side of the photo banner at the top of this very page for all the city/county/state statistical info you need!

Or just use this link: http://www.city-data.com/

I'm embarrassed to admit that I posted in the Georgia forums for several weeks before I realized that City-Data was more than just a great, informative discussion board!

Now it's the first place I send people to seach if they are getting no local replies to their questions (about the more obscure locations, for example). If I have the time, or am feeling generous, I will usually go to the City-Data info page for the city about which they need info and will copy and post that specific link for them in the forum if they seem to be somewhat technically challenged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or