U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 08:34 AM

5,296 posts, read 5,204,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
stuckPa, i have and it is now, i too live in Philly and just am dying to get out. I love my job, but man is it a social, political, economic and crime nightmare. I do feel like a caged animal and have to drive out of state or out of the city every weekend to get some peace. Its not fun when the gas prices are so high but i grin and bear it.
where do you think you want to move to and why are you staying.
Heh,seems to be a common thing around here; The smart ones know what the deal is; As far as the political etc nightmare we might have a chance on sslightly improving with a new mayor.
That's funny,apparently some of us think exactly the same. I've had to try and get further away from here as much and as often as possible on weekends and whenever. I've even considered extensive work in the travel industry! And as far as the gas prices,well I look at that as an 'investment in my sanity'.
Historically I have moved every year or 2 since I left NJ at 21,but a few years ago my 'wings got clipped' when I met a woman from Philadelphia. What possessed me to stay is still unclear,maybe it was the occult here lol.
So now I'm with her and it's a 'partnership' so I can no longer just pick up and go as my free spirit once dictated. In a way sad,in another it's taught 'stability' to a degree. But now I have to negotiate where I want to go rather than just go. If it was up to me I think I'd never settle anywhere,but as of now the 'happy' medium would probably be along the shore somewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2007, 08:23 AM

414 posts, read 2,415,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
StuckPa: I am working on 7 years here, having to stay for a couple of reasons dealing with my job, but God willing, i will be out in 2 years--and going home.
Move to the Main Line - apts in Bryn Mawr, Haverford for 1000/month. You got a lot of nice restaurants and shops, farmers market, parks. Doesn't have the miserable feeling of living in Philly. Well there's Society Hill thats nice, Chestnut Hill, Rittenhouse Square, the old Federalist kind of neighborhoods all 450k for a one bedroom place and up uggh. I never felt miserable and I grew up there -- well a little further out in the burbs.

Old 05-03-2007, 11:33 AM

5,296 posts, read 5,204,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreet1986 View Post
Doesn't have the miserable feeling of living in Philly
Right,I just stopped at a pizzeria in south phily today and of course there was the usual of rambunctious kids messin around in there,plus some guy was giving the clerk a hard time about his order. I sarcastically asked the clerk how she liked working there and she said she wished she could move,I hear that alot around here. There just seems to be a general attitude of disgust,and that's a pretty sad way to live. It's only a couple steps down in similarity to the small town in NJ I went to school in,that's why I'd love to finally live in a more upbeat area sometime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or