Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 10:21 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,661,379 times

Advertisements

I have no family in Va. All my family are in NY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 10:34 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,546,794 times
My parents, along with myself live in Northwest Houston. My extended family is scattered all over Houston: Some stay on the Northside, some in nicer parts of NW Houston, I have some on the Southside and SE side and family on the NE side of Houston. I also have extended family on my dad's side in Dallas and as far away as Miami. My fam on my mom's side are all Houstonians and reside on the Northside and Southside.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:17 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,005,938 times
I live in suburban Louisville KY and my Mom and my cousin lives directly across the street, my grandparents are two miles away, my aunt is about a mile, with my other cousin, my brother is about 10 miles, my sister, about 30. My husband's Dad is about 30 miles away, too.

Old 08-01-2009, 12:21 AM

207 posts, read 323,356 times
Well gee, so far it looks as if all of the southerners who have answered tend to have their family concentrated in a small area in the south while most northerners who have answered have mentioned at least one or two relatives who have strayed away from home and gone south. Yep, I think I am getting the picture here. Not surprised.

Old 08-01-2009, 12:37 AM

5,542 posts, read 9,441,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr99a05 View Post
If you do, please tell me where you live (region/state). If you don't, tell me where you live and where your family is scattered.
To the original OP: Yes Sir. We're pretty much all Okies, North Texans, and West Arkies....so we all live pretty close to each other.

Texas/West South Central (or if you prefer, "Western South")

Old 08-01-2009, 03:54 AM

36,629 posts, read 67,178,829 times
I have hundreds of relatives in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Over 100 in Oakland alone.

Old 08-01-2009, 04:27 AM

96 posts, read 242,255 times
I live close to my mother and 1 brother here in Kansas City, Mo. I have 2 other brothers that just moved to Arizona this summer and so far are loving it there! Aunts, uncles, cousins, all live in North Dakota.

Old 08-01-2009, 06:27 AM

3,631 posts, read 10,199,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr99a05 View Post
Well gee, so far it looks as if all of the southerners who have answered tend to have their family concentrated in a small area in the south while most northerners who have answered have mentioned at least one or two relatives who have strayed away from home and gone south. Yep, I think I am getting the picture here. Not surprised.
a lot of us didn't have a choice in going south - family went where the jobs were...

my immediate family still lives in Tennessee... I escaped two years ago, and will encourage my brother to do the same when he's done with school in Oklahoma.

the rest of my relatives (aunts, uncles, grandparents) are either still in Michigan, or Phoenix - cousins are everywhere and i'm not close with them so I don't know exactly where.

Old 08-01-2009, 06:50 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,602,793 times
Default Absolutely

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
a lot of us didn't have a choice in going south - family went where the jobs were...

my immediate family still lives in Tennessee... I escaped two years ago, and will encourage my brother to do the same when he's done with school in Oklahoma.

the rest of my relatives (aunts, uncles, grandparents) are either still in Michigan, or Phoenix - cousins are everywhere and i'm not close with them so I don't know exactly where.
We didn't choose to move here. This is where my husband got a job. My older daughter moved here to be near us, but didn't like it so she moved back to NY. When you are young, single, and don't have anything holding you back (like a house), it is far easier to just up and leave.

Old 08-01-2009, 07:00 AM

3,440 posts, read 6,516,822 times
I live in Maine, daughter and her family are in NH. My husband and I both grew up in MA and that is where our parents lived until they passed. Most of our extended family is in MA with the exception of one of husband's brothers that is in NC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.