Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 09:41 AM

207 posts, read 324,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
What part of it ISN'T? You are on here asking a bunch of North/South questions and not looking for real answers. Every post you make is how the South is better than the North. You may not come right out and say it directly, but the innuendo is there, and you are basing most of your replies on stereotypes. That makes you a Troll under the definition because you are asking questions that are designed to get the whole North/South argument going in a flame war on a thread. If the threads are not headed that direction, you interject a reply or another post that directs it that way again.

Biased, LOL! Look who's talking. You are the one who made the statement that Southern Women are more feminine and how Southern men prefer "their own women" indicating that there is a divide or a difference when the statements don't seem to back up your claim. Plus the simple fact that I have relatives in the South as well. That would be the side of the family that moved North during the last "migration" and married into the side who were in the North already. I can trace roots back 7 or 8 generations both in Southern Alabama, and in the North.

To answer your question before I put you on ignore as yet another Troll. I am living in the same town that my G,G,G Grandfather helped settle. I am in the area that I can take a short drive and show my own kids where the last 7 generations lived and died. I could also do that in the Brewton, Alabama area. No I'm not biased, but I will point out those who are, and are hiding under the guise of "questions" in showing it and in the unwillingness to change. You are one of those.
You must be the guy who got me in trouble with the other thread that got taken down. I actually wrote the moderator a message asking her why threads like mine get taken down, while in the mean time, I have read at least 5 threads today solely meant to degrade the South in some way. Why do those get unnoticed?

I put up my threads to inquire about things. I have noticed that there are a lot of threads on here where Northerners are talking about their plans to move South despite all the hatred directed at us on here. Something doesn't add up here. With all this hateful hypocrisy directed at Southerners on here, not to mention the biasness of the moderators, I think I would expect for the Southern posters on here like me to get a little irritated about things from time to time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 10:16 AM

93,191 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr99a05 View Post
It seems that when I am on websites like this and I see people talking about "mixed marriages" as in yankee/southern, it seems it is mostly the women who are from up North. This doesn't make much sense to me, considering that most Southern men I know prefer their own women since they are more feminine than women up North.
According to what?

Old 08-01-2009, 03:46 PM

207 posts, read 324,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
According to what?

This is something that isn't even worth debating. The North prides itself on being more progressive and tolerant but yet some of you won't admit that your women are more feminist and independent as well. You can't have it both ways. Sorry. I have never talked to anybody on this topic Northern OR Southern who HAS NOT agreed with me on this. It is pretty obvious.

Old 08-01-2009, 03:57 PM

1,350 posts, read 3,543,598 times
Most of my family is in NEPA, Central PA & Philly. My wife's family is mainly in Texas & Minnesota (1 aunt & uncle in Maryland). We live in WNY.

Old 08-01-2009, 04:39 PM

1,845 posts, read 6,852,865 times
Most of my family is in California. My husband, and I are in Oregon. There are a couple of his relatives in Arizona. One person and his family is in Washington.We're spread across the west.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:13 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,496,781 times
I live in California. My family lives in FL.
I agree with Hoarfrost... I usually visit every 2-3 months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.