Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 09:12 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,842,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movinginjune2010 View Post
In your opinion, which "Southern cities" (not only in location, but in overall vibe) have the most culture, arts, music, nightlife, etc.? Which would be most vibrant for someone in their 20s?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Austin, TX
Austin doesn't even have a real museum district or theatre district.

Great college scene though...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2013, 03:56 AM

96 posts, read 133,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
First, Miami has no southern feel to it at all. I have never seen anything southern in my life living in Miami. DC has more southern feel than Miami. Miami is not the south. Maybe Broward but not Miami.

Second, to put Houston, Atlanta, Dallas ahead of Miami? If you are saying southern night life fine, but overall?

Miami arguably has the best Night Life in the US. Only city that is/might be better is NYC and Vegas can compete with Miami and NYC. Miami Nightlife is world famous while Atlanta, Dallas, Houston and just about every other city in the US is just regionally popular.

But I do not see how Miami can be in a discussion with Southern Night life unless the south includes Latin America or you include Broward County.
You are absolutely right! Miami didn't feel southern to me at all when I visited there twice. I use to live in Atlanta and that was far more southern than Miami by culture. I love Miami especially South Beach and then outside of the MIA area, I liked Ft. Lauderdale, Sawgrass Mills on the western part of Broward County, and West Palm Beach they were all awesome
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.