Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 03:16 PM

378 posts, read 1,203,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoslinP View Post
I really hope you guys can help us out. My fiance and I are looking for an area with the following in mind:
1. Inexpensive housing- a modest 2 bedroom condo/house in the 100k range
2. Run down or blue collar areas are ok, as long as the crime rate is pretty low.
3.Schools don't matter, we aren't planning on having children for a few years at least.
4.As for as employment goes, as long as it is close to someplace where my fiance can work in order entry or allocations or pretty much any job with his qualifications and be paid something in the 30k range. I guess we'd be looking for areas with distribution centers.(I work from home so I don't have to worry about a job)
5. Weather isn't super important as long as the winters aren't too severe.
6. Bonuses but not deal breakers,(AKA, while I'm dreaming) areas that are near colleges, independent theaters, have open minded liberal people. A climate with lots of sunshine and mild winters. It would also be nice if we could stay within a day's drive of our home towns which are in northeastern NJ.

Thanks in advance!

I just read this thread or I'd have answered before.... You have described Athens, GA, a pretty nice college town (UofG), good house prices, good weather though, like all Georgia, a bit (!) humid in summer, but mild winters. Google it, you'll no doubt like it. We've lived here exactly a year. It's close to ATL, to the Georgia mountains, to NC and SC. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 03:25 PM

5 posts, read 5,871 times
Default done with AZ

I have lived in Az 7 yrs now, and the heat has gotten to me. Over 100 degree temps day and nights for months and months. Miss the beach and moderate weather. We really want to go SoCal but cannot afford it.
Now considering the southern coast areas.
I hear there are alot more jobs there as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.