U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 01:01 PM

4,376 posts, read 5,215,172 times
I would rather live in the ghetto than in a hillbilly area of course. The hillbilly areas lack culture. They live in their own state of mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 02:17 PM

1,308 posts, read 2,060,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
If you truly think "Deliverance" was a documentary, that certainly lets us know how well-informed you are(n't)! The movie "Deliverance" was based on a best-selling novel of the same name, a work of fiction, and is hardly a documentary. True, it was filmed in the southern Appalachians, and the scenery is lovely to look upon. But a documentary?? For goodness' sake, educate yourself before you make such a silly claim!
Yeah, yeah, James Dickey. Thanks for correcting us. I wasn't quite sure how they got Burt Reynolds and Ned Beatty to act in a documentary (especially about a book I've read), but now it's clear. Whew! Thank goodness that mystery's solved.*

*Is it really necessary to use those ridiculous "smilies" when you attempt humor? Is the claim that Deliverance was a documentary not outlandish enough to suggest just a touch of humor and hyperbole? I'm dumbfounded that someone would take that seriously. " Oh no you di-in't! Talk to the hand, girlfren!"

Old 08-27-2009, 04:09 PM

2,118 posts, read 2,242,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTheKid View Post
Yeah, yeah, James Dickey. Thanks for correcting us. I wasn't quite sure how they got Burt Reynolds and Ned Beatty to act in a documentary (especially about a book I've read), but now it's clear. Whew! Thank goodness that mystery's solved.*

*Is it really necessary to use those ridiculous "smilies" when you attempt humor? Is the claim that Deliverance was a documentary not outlandish enough to suggest just a touch of humor and hyperbole? I'm dumbfounded that someone would take that seriously. " Oh no you di-in't! Talk to the hand, girlfren!"

Thank you for drawing attention to this for those who don't understand. Nobody on this board understands jokes unless there is a friendly round face to explain them. So please just be considerate and get "smilie"!!

confused? don't worry!! it's just time to be silly!!

-The "Mr. Cool Shades" WereRabbit

Old 08-27-2009, 04:10 PM

3,187 posts, read 2,064,112 times
Context. Try a little more context if you attempt satire/sarcasm/humor/hyperbole minus the smilies. Otherwise you're going to be misunderstood if you rely on one-word responses, as in the previous exchange, which was preceded by others' very similar, all-too-serious allegations about those dangerous, backwards mountain folks and violent inner city dwellers.

Yep, you had me going there. Glad to know I was mistaken.

Old 08-27-2009, 04:56 PM

3,109 posts, read 4,657,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Illinois 1 View Post
I happen to live in the sticks and I can tell you that people are not very tolerant of non-whites and especially blacks. That is no BS.

What town in Central Illinois you live in?

Old 08-27-2009, 05:09 PM

3,109 posts, read 4,657,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
That's the difference between north and south, in the south black folks also live in "the sticks". Here in Alabama the MOST rural counties are majority black.
That is true. My grandmother is originally from small town Alabama

Since I'm black and live in the Midwest, I rather live in the ghetto. The danger of hillbilly towns is not so much of being shot in a drive by shooting, its the appearance that would give me away. Most of the rural areas up North are very white and isolated from anything exciting. Though on average, ghettos have a higher murder rate, I have more comfort. Its also help I live in a ghetto suburb anyway.

It depends on the ghetto, I wouldn't feel comfortable in the Projects. Regular neighborhood ghettos with houses are better.

Old 08-27-2009, 06:09 PM

4,925 posts, read 5,778,814 times
This thread should have been titled "Here's Your Sign"...

Old 08-27-2009, 07:20 PM

1,377 posts, read 2,550,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
I would rather live in the ghetto than in a hillbilly area of course. The hillbilly areas lack culture. They live in their own state of mind.
And "thugs" don't? Music has brainwashed most of them.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:32 PM

767 posts, read 734,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
Share with us the culture of the ghetto

the culture of undeucated
the culture of selling crack
the culture of using crack
the culture of fathering as many kids by as many different women as possible
the culture of the blame game (blame whitey, blame the police etc)
the culture of gun violence
the culture of dog fighting

Yeah, great culture the ghetto has

Old 08-27-2009, 07:51 PM

1,377 posts, read 2,550,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverestClimb View Post
Share with us the culture of the ghetto

the culture of undeucated
the culture of selling crack
the culture of using crack
the culture of fathering as many kids by as many different women as possible
the culture of the blame game (blame whitey, blame the police etc)
the culture of gun violence
the culture of dog fighting

Yeah, great culture the ghetto has
I'd rather put my money on a "hillbilly" defending this country than a yo, yo, waddup son ghetto person. Heck, they probably couldn't even make into the military or pass the ADVAB test LOLOLOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.