Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2010, 11:19 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,979,445 times

Advertisements

Cause its so darned hot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 11:31 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,926,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Cause its so darned hot!

...and it's steaming hot in NYC during the summer, but yet we still move fast.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:06 PM

32 posts, read 46,491 times
Here we go again. Will one of the northerners please define "slow"?

Old 04-09-2010, 01:24 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,842,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
...and it's steaming hot in NYC during the summer, but yet we still move fast.
yeah, well the urban south is just the perfect pace, as far as i'm concerned. we can move fast, but not so fast that we can't take time to enjoy the simple things in life like smelling the flowers, watching the sun set in the summertime, all while enjoying a cold glass of grape kool-aid

in new york y'all like to shove past each other on the sidewalk and such. try shoving past someone in houston or atlanta and see if you don't get knocked the hell out

Old 04-09-2010, 02:24 PM

316 posts, read 654,526 times
I think the guy was being a butt hole when he made that statement. It all depends on how a person wants to live. I know for a fact that I get tired of the fast pace at times in Atlanta sometimes, but other times I like it. But no matter where you live in the US you can always find rural areas. If you go far enough outside of New York City you will be in the middle of nowhere. People always want to go on about the south being country, when hell you can travel outside the same major cities in the NorthEast and be in the middle of nowhere too. The fact is that we don't have as many MAJOR cities in the south, but we have urban and country life just like the rest of the country. If you go outside of LA or Phoenix in the desert you are in the middle of nowhere. Isn't that country?? You have people living in the country of New York and Massachusetts that are 60 years behind too, lol. That a part of being country. If all of the Northeast was CITY than I could understand, but why make a statement like that. Right now we all can show someone some back wooded country ass place in every state.

Old 04-09-2010, 02:59 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,926,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
yeah, well the urban south is just the perfect pace, as far as i'm concerned. we can move fast, but not so fast that we can't take time to enjoy the simple things in life like smelling the flowers, watching the sun set in the summertime, all while enjoying a cold glass of grape kool-aid
lol you really don't think we don't stop to enjoy that? Try going to Central park on a spring day and see how many NYers take their families for strolls, or just sit on a park bench for hours on end. I don't think you've been to NY, or spent enough time here people-watching in areas other than the main streets.

Old 04-09-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
lol you really don't think we don't stop to enjoy that? Try going to Central park on a spring day and see how many NYers take their families for strolls, or just sit on a park bench for hours on end. I don't think you've been to NY, or spent enough time here people-watching in areas other than the main streets.
yeah but new yorkers are so on edge that you're even stressed out when you relax

"YO! what's the matter wif yous! you see me tryna smell the flowers heeah?!"

Old 04-09-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
yeah but new yorkers are so on edge that you're even stressed out when you relax

"YO! what's the matter wif yous! you see me tryna smell the flowers heeah?!"
same scenario down south:

guy #1: oh, excuse me, sir. i didn't mean to bump into you like that
guy #2: it's all good, man...it's all good

Old 04-09-2010, 03:56 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,382,016 times
With threads like this a person has to decide if being honest is worth all the anger\hurt feelings from Southerners. So I prefer to stay out of this discussion.

Old 04-09-2010, 04:04 PM

749 posts, read 2,437,882 times
They have to move a little faster up Nawth or the sun will burn that fragile Yankee skin........a bunch of tenderfoots with dishpan hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.