U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 08:38 AM

5,296 posts, read 5,210,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I think you should go to western North Carolina, the Blue Ridge Parkway is one of America's most scenic drives. There are also LOTS of hiking trails and waterfalls in that area. Maggie Valley is good location to stay at.
I agree on that one,I have family there in Clyde and Waynesville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2007, 09:18 PM

7 posts, read 16,866 times
I agree with them about the Blue Ridge Parkway! On the other coast, although Los Angeles is terrible, go up into the Mountains (Bear Lake area) near LA. I also hear Bishop, CA is nice and has great fishing. Gotta see Mt. Rushmore (Keystone is a nice little town to visit near Rushmore). Concrete (yes Concrete), WA is nice too you can fish the Skagit River or go up Mt. Baker to Baker Lake. There are tons of nice rivers in NW Washington (check out Leavenworth for a great Bavarian town, and outdoor activities). Helen, GA is a nice area too. There are so many great places to visit! I envy your ability to travel the country, I hope you have lots and lots of fun for those of us stuck at home!

Old 08-08-2007, 06:13 AM

6,749 posts, read 19,955,891 times
Kentucky is a beautiful state as well with the rolling hill, mountains of Eastern Kentucky and the bluegrass region as well. Lovely!

Old 08-08-2007, 06:39 AM

2,775 posts, read 10,722,972 times
The Adirondacks in upstate New York are beautiful. The hiking there is great, the fishing is great, the activites are great, the lakes are crystal clear, the roads are scenic, the streams, the rapids, the rivers.

The Finger Lakes are also beautiful and so is Letchworth State Park. Roling hills of grapevines, this is Wine Country.

Rock City Park is also amazing. It displays 3-4 story gigantic conglomerate rocks. You can hike over, under, around, and through them. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere they're there because the ocean was once there. It's in western New York.

The Thousand Islands Seaway is also really cool, especially if you're into fishing and boating.

Long Island is relaxing with its quaint fishing villages.

And who can forget NYC to go along with all that?!

New York is one of the most under-rated states, if not, THE most under-rated. People blow off the rest of the state because they think NYC's the only thing here. Well, it's not, New York is very beautiful.

And if you come here, you can also head out to Cape Cod, Maine, Boston, and Philly.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:06 PM

8,115 posts, read 17,331,159 times
1) Pacific Coast Highway, from Marin County up through Mendocino.
2) Oregon Coast, from Bandon up to Cannon Beach.
3) Pend O'reille in northern Idaho.
4) Waterton Glacier NP right next to Pend O'reille.
5) San Juan Islands Washington State
6) Santa Fe New Mexico and surrounding environs
7) Estes Park and Allenspark Co areas, Colorado.
8) Nebraska Sandhills (a personal favorite)
9) Badlands NP (near Nebraska Sandhills)
10) Northern Arizona, around Sedona/Flagstaff area.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:43 PM

5,716 posts, read 14,574,575 times
Pinnacles
Kings Canyon/Sequoia
Big Sur
Calaveras Big Trees

Old 08-08-2007, 05:23 PM

692 posts, read 2,420,875 times
Crowded or not the Grand Canyon.

Old 08-08-2007, 06:42 PM

147 posts, read 633,791 times
grand canyon, smoky mountains, and montana
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or