U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2008, 05:36 PM

1,988 posts, read 6,372,731 times

Advertisements

I am surprised how many times Orlando is listed. Some of you probably only visited the touristy side of town. There are several tree lined streets, beautiful lakes, and very tasteful homes and retail. I think it is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been, and I have been to about 25 states and many Major U.S. cities. Beauty definitely is in the eyes of the beholder.

Old 03-08-2008, 05:54 PM

And New York is truly disgusting, piles of garbage everywhere...

Old 03-08-2008, 06:16 PM

Default My List

Beautiful:

Seattle, WA - Clean, water, natural setting

Chicago, IL - I was not expecting much, downtown was clean, drove past miles and miles of lakeside mansions, did not mention the less attractive south side.

Washington, DC - from rumors, i expected one big slum. It was beautiful.

San Francisco, CA - Beautiful Setting.

San Diego, CA - Beatiful setting and very clean city.

Orlando, FL - Where I live, very new and clean. Most people have only the tourist side to judge it from. Come downtown, see the historic areas (there are several), see the lakes and tree lined streets, or the immaculate store fronts. I could also provide you a laundry list of non chain restaurants that supposedly are not here as well.

Tampa, Jacksonville and Miami, FL - The cities are hit or miss but have a beautiful setting on the water.

Portland, OR - Where I grew up. Very beautiful in every way!

Places somewhere in the middle that I have been to: Los Angeles, Kansas City, Nashville, Atlanta, Phoenix, and Sacramento.

UGLY:

New York - Great city, ugly as sin.

Memphis, TN

St Louis, MO

Topeka, KS

Las Vegas, NV ( off the strip)

New Orleans, LA

Denver, CO

El Paso, TX - hate to admit it because I do like it there and have family there, but the brown is very unappealing.

Boise, ID - Ugly brown hills surround the city

Fresno, CA- But to be fair, I have not seen Clovis.

Old 03-08-2008, 07:09 PM

4,382 posts, read 15,324,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshire81182 View Post
like you said, beauty is defiantly in the eye of the beholder

Old 03-08-2008, 09:31 PM

7 posts, read 4,951 times
Quote:

Something tells me you've never step foot into New York City. New York, disgusting? Start from here,

New York Pics

New York is beautiful, and someone who thinks Orlando (of all places) is beautiful and New York is disgusting really has bad taste/or should visit an optometrist because Orlando is just ugly and downright horrendous.

I mean, it's okay you live in an ugly city but no need to blindly lash out at places you've never visited. We can all agree Orlando will never be held in the same breath as New York.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:33 PM

Quote:
I am surprised how many times Orlando is listed. Some of you probably only visited the touristy side of town. There are several tree lined streets, beautiful lakes, and very tasteful homes and retail. I think it is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been, and I have been to about 25 states and many Major U.S. cities. Beauty definitely is in the eyes of the beholder.
Because it's an ugly, sprawling dump.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Newark NJ

Brooklyn, NY

Queens NY

Nassau Cty NY

Newark is disgusting,

But Nassau County?!!!

Old 03-08-2008, 10:19 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,739,735 times
It's not always the looks of a place that gives it a good or bad name and/or reputation.
Parts of Chicago is beautiful with lake Michigan in the background, but parts of it are slums, just like Detroit, L.A., St, Luis, and many more cities. But one thing that gives Chicago (today's) bad name is: it's a sanctuary city for illegals, and a good percentage of taxpayers in this country look down on that.
But I will say that it's not alone.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:36 PM

87,006 posts, read 102,606,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony from Europe View Post
Yes,city is not something great,but horrible is WEATHER
Agreed. We are entitled to our opinion regarding Seattle.

Old 03-08-2008, 11:25 PM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,595,692 times
As a temporary transplant to seattle, its easy to say that it could be the most beautiful part of the U.S.(not including Alaska and Hawaii, the 2 most stunning in my opinion)

I was very dissapointed with Denver. I was expecting a green, mountainous, tree filled beautiful area. Its brown and flat, and the mountain view isn't all that great. I was so dissapointed when i first saw Denver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or