U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 03:57 PM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,597,263 times

Advertisements

While your opinion is fine and you have every right to it, the way you just sounded was arrogant and like what you say is the only right way to think. If you think new york is more beautiful that is absolutely fine! If he finds San Antonio to be attractive that is fine too. Personally, central park is awesome and much of the city is excellent, although some parts are run down and some of the old skyscrapers are ugly, while some are awesome pieces of history. In SA, I think the Alamo is awesome and full of history, and the river running through SA is beatuful, though i think some of the city itself looks a little unclean, and the downtown isn't that interesting. See, both have good and bad parts, and what i just said was simply my opinion! Everyone is free to have one!

Old 03-09-2008, 04:19 PM

1,988 posts, read 6,375,464 times
I have been to New York and it is a dump...
Orlando is definitely not the same horrid eyesore that New York is.
Why are all the New Yorkers moving here if it is so ugly?
The person who made the comments about New York's crumbling buildings is right, looks like a third world country LOL

Old 03-09-2008, 05:44 PM

52 posts, read 187,589 times
Pueblo, CO, Most of Louisiana, Boise, Omaha

Old 03-09-2008, 06:23 PM

112 posts, read 299,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshire81182 View Post
I have been to New York and it is a dump...
Orlando is definitely not the same horrid eyesore that New York is.
Why are all the New Yorkers moving here if it is so ugly?
The person who made the comments about New York's crumbling buildings is right, looks like a third world country LOL
LOL!!! Thank you for confirming you've never step foot into New York. Just tell us the truth!

Orlando? Ew, Orlando! Orlando was the first place in Florida I visited when I lived in London and lets just say I grimaced throughout the entire trip and am still now trying to block out that experice from my head.

Surely if New York was a dump it wouldn't be (1) A World-Class Alpha City, (2) The most expensive city in the United States.

I mean, why in God's name would all the weathy and sophisticated people live in "dumpy" New York when we could just live in "fabulous" Orlando? Why would all the top establishments, 75 billioniaries, and people of significance want to live in "crumbling" New York City? Aside from toddlers at Disney World, have you seen anyone walking around Orlando snapping photos with their mouths open in amazement of its breath taking sights as everybody does New York City? World Class Cities aren't dumps dear, and World Class and Orlando wont be said in the same sentence until hell finally freezes over!

You know, there is a reason Orlando is dirty cheap (RE: UNDESIREABLE, ugly as sin, unsophisticated) and New York attracts "our type" whilst Orando attracts the the rejects who can no longer afford to live in New York.

Oh well, c'est la vie!

Old 03-09-2008, 06:31 PM

You make me laugh, I have been to New York and I still have my plane tickets if I had to prove it.
I had a very good time and even thought of going this year on my spring break.
I have friends there too.
I am not saying it is not all those things you stated, it is definitely a place of world influence and commerce, BUT
beautiful is not one of its traits to me. I think it is also very telling that so many people live in CT and NJ that have real money.
If you like to see things looking like they are seconds from falling apart and piles of trash everywhere then that is your thing.
If you like all of the buildings to look like dingy water was spilled over the side and grafitti constantly at your eye level, great!
The stacks at intersections billowing subway exhaust are disgusting. The city is gloomy.
If I wanted gloomy I would move to the Pacific NW where at least the cities are kept up.

Orlando is GREEN and buildings are clean. When things begin to fall apart here, they are replaced. Like how it should be. When I went to Chicago, I learned what New York SHOULD look like. Comparing NY and Orlando is silly since NY is so much older.
This blog was never to say which city is more globally important, that is a no brainer. It is which is UGLIER.
Sad how defensive you get over such a dump...

Last edited by Wilshire81182; 03-09-2008 at 06:50 PM..

Old 03-09-2008, 07:14 PM

Are you really trying to argue with me?

So you're telling me that because the lifeless and tacky buildings in dead and stale Orlando are cleaner, Orlando is more beautiful? Yes, and I suppose Orlando looks better than Paris, London, and Rome because the most buildings in Europe are dirtier and older as well.

And now you are trying to tell me me that people with real money live in NJ or CT? Um, NEW YORK CITY has 75 billioniares and don't even get me started on the millioniares. They don't live Jersey, they don't live in Connecticut they all live in New York City. Unless there are trillioniares I'm not familiar with, its safe to assume that the REAL money lives in New York. Lets not forget New York County is the richest county in the United States!!! Look it up if you must. I mean, why on earth would we pay so much to live in a gloomy dump when we could just sell our (average price of an apartment in Manhattan $1,400,000) alone and live like kings in dumpy and ugly Orlando?

And please answer my question and tell me why I have to practically push the open-mouth and excited camera snapping tourists out of my way everyday when I'm out and about? Are they looking at the dumpy dilapidated buildings in disgust?

I honestly think it all comes down to taste. Obviously I have superior and advanced taste so as far as I'm concerned, my opinion is the only one that matters.

Ciao!

Old 03-09-2008, 07:26 PM

You make New York look even worse than it is.
Have fun in your apartment the size of my bathroom.
Opinions are opinions, yours and mine. Neither's is more valid than the other.
You just had this same argument with someone else about San Antonio, so you just look defensive and sad.
New York is really cool! I don't want to offend anyone else that lives there...
I even tried to meet you half way and say New York is a great place in general. I was going to go over spring break, but it is just ugly to me.
That is all I am saying.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:42 PM

my point exactly...defensive...you make a lot of assumptions in your response and are not worth my time or attention as you ceased to make your points and are now just making low blows that you think apply to everyone in Orlando.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:59 PM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,597,263 times
Yea materialism you're being a freak lol, I mean I live very close to Bill gates who I KNOW has more money than you lol, and he doesn't live in New York, nor does he act like an arogant a$$ like you are. You really need to get over yourself. That of course is assuming you really are as rich as you say you are lol, which is unlikely.I know many rich people(i'm not even going to speak for myself, but dont assume I have any financial burdens) and none of them act like you are. There is more to the world than Paris New York and London, its too bad you will never get to experience other places, and just see the touristy areas and inside of hotels of cities like you already have been to. None are on the top of my list to visit, i'm actually hoping to visit Oslo, Helsinki and Stockholm soon!

Old 03-10-2008, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The A-Team View Post
Yea materialism you're being a freak lol, I mean I live very close to Bill gates who I KNOW has more money than you lol, and he doesn't live in New York, nor does he act like an arogant a$$ like you are. You really need to get over yourself. That of course is assuming you really are as rich as you say you are lol, which is unlikely.I know many rich people(i'm not even going to speak for myself, but dont assume I have any financial burdens) and none of them act like you are. There is more to the world than Paris New York and London, its too bad you will never get to experience other places, and just see the touristy areas and inside of hotels of cities like you already have been to. None are on the top of my list to visit, i'm actually hoping to visit Oslo, Helsinki and Stockholm soon!
Oh, splendid! Who are you, by the way?

And speaking of Bill Gates, he does have a rather large condominium in New York at my friends building (Trump World Towers at the United Nations) and has been seen there with his family fairly often. Not that I give a hoot, but I'd thought I'd just throw that in for laughs and irony.

And you have the nerve to question my wealth? I won't even bother defending myself to staff, but I will say that of course there's life outside of my favorites; New York, London, Paris and Tokyo. We have Monte Carlo, exotic safaris in South Africa, Saint Tropez, Zurich, fabulous parties in Ibiza, and Madrid. But of course you'll never get to experience it all, because you lack the funds and the taste to ever find yourself in such fabulous situations. Of course the chic and jet-set like myself would never step foot into cities like Orlando unless we were blindfolded and heavily medicated so you should be honored I'm blessing you with my words of wisdom from a vastly superior location. Remember, my opinion is the only one that matters.

Toodles!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or