U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 06:54 AM

1,988 posts, read 6,372,303 times

Advertisements

Materialism,

This forum was never to launch personal attacks or say which cities were better than the others. I was just stating my opinion about the look of New York and the look of Orlando. The two are really uncomparable and it is silly to compare them. I apologize for any personal statement I made, especially the one about the small apartment. But other bloggers are right, you bring everything to a personal level and brag about your wealth in a very arrogant way. The way you flaunt and brag, I find it hard to believe you are really that affluent. If you are, I find it deeply sad that you think you are superior to others just because you have money. I hope you would think about these things when you blog and the way you come across to people. When you bring it to that level, the forum is also getting very very off topic!

Have a great day Materialistic and everyone else!

Old 03-10-2008, 07:10 AM

5,080 posts, read 8,042,414 times
Del Rio TX.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:44 AM

1,362 posts, read 3,232,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Materialism View Post
Oh, splendid! Who are you, by the way?

And speaking of Bill Gates, he does have a rather large condominium in New York at my friends building (Trump World Towers at the United Nations) and has been seen there with his family fairly often. Not that I give a hoot, but I'd thought I'd just throw that in for laughs and irony.

And you have the nerve to question my wealth? I won't even bother defending myself to staff, but I will say that of course there's life outside of my favorites; New York, London, Paris and Tokyo. We have Monte Carlo, exotic safaris in South Africa, Saint Tropez, Zurich, fabulous parties in Ibiza, and Madrid. But of course you'll never get to experience it all, because you lack the funds and the taste to ever find yourself in such fabulous situations. Of course the chic and jet-set like myself would never step foot into cities like Orlando unless we were blindfolded and heavily medicated so you should be honored I'm blessing you with my words of wisdom from a vastly superior location. Remember, my opinion is the only one that matters.

Toodles!
Wow, it's difficult to name places EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHERS have heard of. It wouldn't be hard for anyone on this forum to think of super popular destinations (that are obviously expensive) and make it sound like we go there all the time and have a residence is every city we frequent the world over.

Just so everyone here knows, I have a 50,000 sq ft jungle treehouse outside of Palembang in the south of Sumatra and fly there 6 times a month just to check on my flowers. I also have a staff of 4,500 that make absolute sure the windows and floors are clean at all times and that the refrigerators in all 7 kitchens are fully stocked - you never know when I might show up with all of my friends and God himself. Thank God for 67 bedrooms, each with their own bath. Ya know, because I can afford it and the rest of you can't. Don't question me - you don't even know me.

What's ironic is that I have the world available to me (what, with my neverending supply of cash at hand) and I spend time on C-D naming places that millions of people, even those who aren't considered wealthy, have been to. I guess I should get out more.

Blah.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:06 AM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,595,397 times
LOL nick, well said. I'm sure materialism isn't that wealthy, but rather someone just trying to be... difficult lol. Even if they are, i feel sorry for them because they think they are the best thing ever because they have money, which i'm sure is imaginary. I would much rather spend a day with my family in Arkansas and enjoying the company of my friends and relatives than in some billion dollar apartment in New York with every other corporate, boring, stuck up, thinking only of themselves and their money types like Materialism just showed us. I prefer people of quality, substance, and that actually are able to like you and care about you for who you are and how good a person you are, rather than the size of your wallet. My family is very well to do, i'll just leave it at that, but we don't go throwing our money all in everyones face and acting like we are better than them, because we care about people for who they are. Materialism, i hope you figure that out someday...even though you are probably just faking and laughing at us responding to you lol...Money can't buy everything, like making one a good person.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:43 AM

1,362 posts, read 3,232,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The A-Team View Post
LOL nick, well said. I'm sure materialism isn't that wealthy, but rather someone just trying to be... difficult lol. Even if they are, i feel sorry for them because they think they are the best thing ever because they have money, which i'm sure is imaginary. I would much rather spend a day with my family in Arkansas and enjoying the company of my friends and relatives than in some billion dollar apartment in New York with every other corporate, boring, stuck up, thinking only of themselves and their money types like Materialism just showed us. I prefer people of quality, substance, and that actually are able to like you and care about you for who you are and how good a person you are, rather than the size of your wallet. My family is very well to do, i'll just leave it at that, but we don't go throwing our money all in everyones face and acting like we are better than them, because we care about people for who they are. Materialism, i hope you figure that out someday...even though you are probably just faking and laughing at us responding to you lol...Money can't buy everything, like making one a good person.
That's exactly what he/she is doing and that's okay - if that's how he/she gets his/her kicks, more power to 'em. Personally, I'd think of better ways to do it. I just wanted to throw in my two cents, because I was thinking I should buy different floral arrangements for the treehouse. The ones there now are so last season.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:58 AM

162 posts, read 218,689 times
I love New York, it's beautiful and most important : FUN!

The only ugly cities I've been to are small ones inland (California), Phoenix, Arizona and Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:04 AM

112 posts, read 298,948 times
Oh, please.

Me faking it? Ha!

Now I don't expect any of your little homes to match my penthouse, but if If I may suggest, ask your creditors to step up your modest allowance and resort back to my post before you squander your modest capital funds on those rubbish middle-america homes in worthless cities.

As far as you're concerned, I'm the messiah of everything fabulous.

Ciao!

Old 03-10-2008, 10:32 AM

As far as i'm concerned, you're the messiah of everything a good person should not be. ....I dont see why you even bother posting on these forums. If you had the wealth and "culture"(meaning being an a$$ LOL) you wouldn't waste your time in these forums with real people...you would go talk with other susbstanceless arrogant idiots talking about their money all day in some "penthouse" which is just as cookie cutter as someones home in orlando, because they are all the same types of buildings, with no character and all money. Which by the way the person in Orlando's home is probably bigger than your penthouse. I know people in the south who have huge historic mansions, who could easily afford a tiny little penthouse in new york if they wanted to but they don't, because they want a real place with space, historic value, and true beauty. Not living in the lid of some box in nyc. Which by the way NYC is cool, and there are plenty of people that have substance and real culture, you just are showing people the bad side, with the "culture"(again simple arrogance, visiting places they see on postcards rather than places with real substance) that care nothing but for money(agiain, in a dream world one has made up in this case lol)

ZaiJian!

Old 03-10-2008, 11:13 AM

89 posts, read 274,719 times
So a person is rich....then he dies. What he does in his life before he checks out is what matters--be a donkey's hiney or be something better.

The arrogant and conceited will soon be parted from his useless baubles and cold possessions...all that's left are his heirs fighting over his entire mess.

And New York and Orlando will still be nice or ugly, but this time nobody will care what he thinks. LOL!

Old 03-10-2008, 02:15 PM

So true lol Though i don't think anyone cares this time either ;D
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or