U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 05:16 PM

4,852 posts, read 9,001,280 times

Advertisements

Wait until Houston gets the first bloomingdale's in TEXAS in the old L&T space (now Galleria V) in the Galleria.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2007, 05:58 PM

3,073 posts, read 10,772,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
*edit* from looking at the Northpark Mall Stores. They will infact be receiving a Valentino's.
I will need to see the link, please.

Quote:
I will not be surprised that all the other high end stores you mentioned opens in the new Victory Park.
I really doubt that, Spade.

Quote:
Houston Texas exclusives- Bvlgari, Giorgio Armani, David Yurman, YSL, Fendi, Carolina Herrera, Bally, Feragamo

Dallas Texas exclusives- Faconable, Calvin Klein, Escada (2), Calypso, Anne Fontaine, Porthault, Robert Talbot, Custo Barcelona, Via Spiga, Celine, Hugo Boss,
Tod's (soon) Loro Piano

Again, Dallas hold it's own.
LOL. Sorry, but some of those Dallas "exclusives" are not high end. Those are grass-roots look-alikes. The exceptions are ESCADA (which in fact is found in Houston) and maybe Hugo Boss. Spiga makes Redbook shoes, please. Those Houston exclusives (which most are very very popular, by the way) I could have sworn might have been available in Dallas, but according to you they're not. Bvlgari and YSL are extremely important labels, so the fact that Houston has them and Dallas doesn't says a lot.

Old 05-31-2007, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Wait until Houston gets the first bloomingdale's in TEXAS in the old L&T space (now Galleria V) in the Galleria.
We don't need a Bloomingdale's. What we need is a Barney's.

Old 05-31-2007, 06:04 PM

1,647 posts, read 2,319,927 times
I thought I hit the wrong thread, how did it become Houston vs Dallas?
I don't know about Dallas, but let me add that Houston's Galleria is really in need of an upgrade. It feels old, and I can see some 80s style decor in some areas, and area III smells musty all the time.

I think las vegas's malls are the best though, IMHOSNH

Old 05-31-2007, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
Mpope409 you never stated what you think should be done if not HP.
I could hate myself for doing this. This is what Dallas is getting...

Victory Park

I don't understand why if we have the better stores, why can't we get the better shopping center???

Old 05-31-2007, 06:21 PM

4,486 posts, read 15,292,439 times
Quote:
Bvlgari and YSL are extremely important labels, so the fact that Houston has them and Dallas doesn't says a lot.
Not neccesarily, not everyone wears Yves Saint Laurent or Bvlgari...

Quote:
LOL. Sorry, but some of those Dallas "exclusives" are not high end. Those are grass-roots look-alikes. The exceptions are ESCADA (which in fact is found in Houston) and maybe Hugo Boss. Spiga makes Redbook shoes, please. Those Houston exclusives (which most are very very popular, by the way) I could have sworn might have been available in Dallas, but according to you they're not.
Dallas is getting a Giorgio Armani and has a Carolina Herrera, Ferragamo, and a Barneys. You don't consider Tod's, Robert Talbot, or Loro Piana exclusive? I'm pretty sure they'd beg to differ...

The Valentino's link:

NorthPark Center - The Premier Shopping and Dining Center in Dallas

NorthPark Center - The Premier Shopping and Dining Center in Dallas

Old 05-31-2007, 06:32 PM

421 posts, read 604,669 times
Easton in Columbus is awesome. It's got tons of flagship stores, from all the Les Wexner owned retailers that are headquartered nearby.

Old 05-31-2007, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
Not neccesarily, not everyone wears Yves Saint Laurent or Bvlgari...
Lol, that's what makes them important because they're largely unattainable. The things that "everyone" wears can be found practically anywhere.

Quote:
Dallas is getting a Giorgio Armani and has a Carolina Herrera, Ferragamo, and a Barneys.
Barney's isn't a designer, it's a department store. Houston will get one soon enough.

Quote:
You don't consider Tod's, Robert Talbot, or Loro Piana exclusive?
Nope

Quote:
I'm pretty sure they'd beg to differ...
They probably would. Too bad for them, it doesn't matter.

Thank you for the link showing that Dallas is getting a Valentino. Seems like since they're getting one around the same time as us, it's still a constant race. They do have us beat with that new shopping center under development, though. Another place for their ragdoll women to dress up in Dior for Red Lobster. Just kidding, lol.

Old 05-31-2007, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstoner View Post
LOL!! This is the first time I've clicked on this thread. Is it Dallas vs. Houston all over the board??? LOL... Can we say "spillover"...... Hahahaha
Hey, I didn't start it.

Old 05-31-2007, 08:01 PM

18,650 posts, read 27,087,224 times
Well Victory Park isn't a shopping center, though. It's an urban residential neighborhood with entertainment and shopping amenities.

Quote:
Thank you for the link showing that Dallas is getting a Valentino
from his link it says
Quote:
This will be the first and exclusive Valentino boutique in Texas.
So is this to assume that Houston does not yet have one or is that site wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or