Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 05:10 PM

866 posts, read 1,559,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICAGOLAND92 View Post
What do you think the best malls in the country are, and why?
Trolley Square in Salt Lake City, has easy access to TRAX, restaurants, had interesting layout.

Horton Plaza in San Diego, interesting architecture, lots of stuff to do, conveniently in downtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 12:07 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,687,749 times
America's Most Profitable Malls - Rick Newman (usnews.com)

Old 05-23-2011, 12:11 AM

929 posts, read 1,901,856 times
Quote:

Horton Plaza in San Diego, interesting architecture, lots of stuff to do, conveniently in downtown.
ya, I liked Horton Plaza when I visited it. Interesting indoor/outdoor setup.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:21 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,515,219 times
I like the Wyoming Valley Mall in Wilkes-Barre....it was one of the first large malls built in the United States and I like the layout with 2 level anchor stores.

Wyoming Valley Mall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-23-2011, 06:10 AM

27,167 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Malls by and large are dying, with the advent of upscale outdoor strip centers that feature cheaper rent for retailers and for consumers an environment where you don't have to walk past dozens of stores you're not interested in. Not to mention development costs of building one. I favor the outdoor centers as they allow for fresh air, far less mall rats and typically a well-blended mix of retailers minus the nail salons, low end filler stores and greasy food courts. Some favorites of mine:

St. Johns Town Center
Shop The Gateway - Dining, Entertainment and Shopping | Salt Lake City, Utah - Photo Gallery
About The Promenade Shops at Saucon Valley
Legacy Village: Home
Suburban Square
Home | Bridge Street Town Centre
Hyde Park Village :: 1621 W. Snow Circle, FL, 33606 :: 813-251-3500
Home | The Shops of Saddle Creek | Germantown, Tennessee
The Village of Rochester Hills

Old 05-23-2011, 09:31 AM

5,888 posts, read 13,001,177 times
South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa
Fashion Island in Newport Beach

Old 05-23-2011, 09:34 AM

5,888 posts, read 13,001,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennismpat View Post
For a while, I thought I had stumbled upon a Dallas vs. Houston thread, instead of what the best malls in the country are.

Here's my short list:

Short Hills Mall - Short Hills, NJ
Oak View Mall and Westroads Mall - Omaha, NE
Arden Fair Mall - Sacramento, CA
South Coast Plaza - Costa Mesa, CA
Westminster Mall - Westminster, CA
Brea Mall - Brea, CA
Del Amo Fashion Center - Torrance, CA
Horton Plaza - San Diego, CA
North County Fair - Escondido, CA
Westminster Mall? ReallY? The place is a gang infested $#!+ hole chocked full of the standard lowest common denominator stores. Only reason I go there is because it has the closest sears to buy tools

Old 05-26-2011, 03:05 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,727,826 times
I expect Ross Park Mall to continue to develop into an upscale shopping destination as the northern suburbs of Pittsburgh mature into an established wealth corridor.

Old 05-27-2011, 02:00 PM

2 posts, read 1,899 times
Cool Smallest Mall - YEAH SURE !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minneapolisville View Post
My favorite mall is a small, not well known one in southern Minnesota. You might not know the name, but it's known to locals as 'The Mall of America'

This is a JOKE Surely - Tha Mall of America is the LARGEST damn Mall in the WHOLE country !

I wonder how many people get lost there on a daily basis? Maybe the should install devices at the doors that count those going in and those coming out. Then at the end of the day if the numbers dont match they can sen in the National Guard !!

Neon_Cheese!

Old 05-27-2011, 07:33 PM

6,070 posts, read 9,091,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Cheese View Post
Maybe the should install devices at the doors that count those going in and those coming out. Then at the end of the day if the numbers dont match they can sen in the National Guard !!

Neon_Cheese!
good idea

My fav mall is my local mall the Charleston Town Center
Welcome to Charleston Town Center

when it was built it was the largest downtown mall on the East Coast.

Google Image Result for http://cache.marriott.com/propertyimages/c/crwri/phototour/crwri_phototour29.jpg?Log=1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.