Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 01:33 PM

90 posts, read 208,607 times

Advertisements

My friends and I were standing next to Jane Curtin (and her husband?) on a tram at JFK.

I've delivered (I'm a UPS driver) to the Boyett home (famous producer..Full House, Blossom, etc) which is in Salisbury, CT. They have not one, but THREE gates before arriving at their actual house!

I used to work at ESPN in Bristol so I've met many famous athletes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 02:26 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,071,636 times
I got to head out of the key club in LA with Shaq because one of my sister's friends new him.

When I was pissing in the bushes afterwards he shined his light on me and turned on his lights. He had a black superman police truck. Was somewhat embarrassing but pretty funny looking back on it.

This summer I got to party with the lead singer from MGMT. We just jammed and listened to some dope DJ's in Grant Park during Lollapalooza.

I got to meet Jamie Foxx on the set of a Miami Vice shoot. Funny guy.

Got to hang out with Ice T, Anthony Anderson, and Nappy Roots. Have seen Bloc Party, Gnarls Barkley, Felix da Housecat, TV on the Radio, Twista, Snoop, Dead mau5, Diplo, Bassnectar, Frankie Knuckles, Rage Against the Machine, and Lupe Fiasco live. Played basketball against Rajon Rondo. Played football against Justin Smith who plays for the Raiders. Was on a team with Montrell Jones from that show Michael Irvin had on Spike.

I think thats about it.

Old 09-29-2009, 08:11 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,631,869 times
I was in San Diego this summer and saw Lebron James at a club. he is a giant beast

Old 09-29-2009, 09:44 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,502,207 times
I saw Danny Devito on South St. in Philadelphia.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:52 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,942,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
I saw Elton John walking his dog on Peachtree Rd. near his condo in Buckhead; I also saw him shopping in the nearby Publix Supermarket at Peachtree Battle Shopping Center.
I've seen Jane Fonda shopping at Lenox Square. My friend helped her look for a birthday present for her son at Neiman Marcus. She was balking at the price of a jacket, which I found funny for a person with her $$$$.
Emily Saliers (Indigo Girls) is part owner of a restaurant a block from my house. She comes in from time to time and tends bar.
Martina Navratilova was a Decatur resident for a while (she coached women's team tennis here). She was a regular at a restaurant that we used to frequent (Partners' Grill). Billie Jean King was with her from time to time.
I saw Beyonce coming out of the Versace store (naturally) at Phipps Plaza in Buckhead with her entourage. They were in The Tavern at Phipps a few minutes later.
Michael Jackson was a regular at Rust and Dust Antiques in Chamblee (a friend's mother owns it) whenever he was in Atlanta. They specialized in Black Memorabilia, and he was a collector.
I made out with Eric Roberts (Julia's brother) once at a party in HS...I still blush when I see him on TV!
Could that be the Flying Biscuit?

I met Butch Trucks (Allman Brothers Band drummer) at his nephew Valor's Yette show at the Brandy House in Atlanta a few years ago. I told him I was raised on his music, and he said "**** kid, you ain't old enough to be raised on **** yet". Then he bought me a Budwieser. He had really nice shoes on.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:39 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,762,555 times
I've encountered probably a dozen "famous" people. The one that i will always remember though was my first, which involved the late Jessica Tandy and Hume Cronyn. I was about to enter the DMV in Bridgeport, Ct. for a license renewal when i heard, and then saw, a stampede of people trying to flow out of the DMV. As i was standing in front of the doors to the DMV, an elderly lady was literally bounced off my chest. She said to me; "Oh, i'm sorry, pardon me". Although i was young at the time, and her career wasn't prolific at the time(~1992), i did recognize her immediately.

I always figured that celebrities received special accommodations for things like DL renewals, so i'm still baffled as to why they were there to begin with. Maybe they thought the people that patronized that dumpy inner-city DMV wouldn't recognize them? Boy, were they ever wrong!

Old 09-30-2009, 06:07 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,576,365 times
In DC, random people I've either spoken with or just saw walking down the street:

Wes Clark, Chris Matthews, Al Sharpton, Former Vice President Mondale, Sam Donaldson, Jack Kemp

Old 09-30-2009, 06:59 PM

10,164 posts, read 20,706,562 times
Briefly dated Meredith Lynn Scott before she was a celeb.

Walked right by Lisa Bonet on Spring St. in SoHo.

Met LL Cool J in the Georgia Diner on Queens Blvd in Elmhurst NY.

Met Tony Williams of The Platters at a nighclub I worked in on the west side of Manhattan.

Got Phil Rizzuto's autograph at a mall in upstate NY.

Shook hands with former Mayor David Dinkens while he was mayor. He came into the club I worked at and made a short speech from my DJ booth to some group that was renting the place out for the night.

Met Drew Carey while deployed to the Middle East.

Not sure if you consider them celebrities but I've seen John Gotti and Aniello Della'croce a few times at a coffee shop in Queens owned by the latter. Della'croce was a nasty SOB, and used to give dirty looks to anyone who walked into or past his coffee shop, even fellow mobsters. He always had a scowl on his face.

Old 10-01-2009, 01:48 AM

1,854 posts, read 4,902,965 times
I don't want to be too blatant about who I see, because I don't want to give out info on where they live and attend school.

I see the actor who played Dewey on Malcolm in the Middle all the time. I have a part time job in customer service in the office of the building he lives in and I get to talk to him quite often. VERY nice kid.

I see Lil' Romeo - or I guess just "Romeo" as he now calls himself - sometimes, but I've never talked to him. Don't really care to either, I've heard he's annoying and weird as ****.

I'm also 'friendly acquaintances' with the daughter of a 90's-00's sitcom star, I haven't hung out with her one-on-one yet so I won't say we're friends, but we have mutual friends and we hang out with the same group of people pretty regularly. I saw her at my friend's apartment just a few hours ago. So I haven't met her celebrity dad yet, but maybe I'll get to hang out at her house soon!

...and I don't know if he counts as a celebrity or not considering I didn't know his name until I IMDB'd him lol, but I saw this guy at LAX one time: Billy Burke (I)

Edit: I've also stood less than 10 feet from Joe Biden (it felt like 100 yards with the Secret Service between us) but I couldn't talk to him.

Last edited by PDX_LAX; 10-01-2009 at 01:58 AM..

Old 10-02-2009, 08:58 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,602,094 times
For Pittsburgh Steelers fans, I waited on former running back Walter Abercrombie, Tuesday at the store I work in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.