U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 05:14 PM

915 posts, read 1,665,040 times

Advertisements

New York
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 05:24 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,000,638 times
Default Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post

Sea Cliff, Could get this little place for $28Million, walking distance to the Bus Stop
Thanks for posting that beautiful pic, I wish...sigh........ It's hard for me to narrow it down but I'd say Boston's Beacon(sp?)Hill or the mountains of Colorado or New England(White or Green Mts.). I may actually have a chance to move to NH so wish me luck, lol!

Old 09-23-2009, 08:37 PM

1,546 posts, read 2,540,863 times
Probably Montreal. Or maybe a large city in western or central Europe like Berlin, Stockholm, Praque, or London. Definitely nowhere in the U.S.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:38 PM

190 posts, read 398,919 times
Upstate New York, most likely the Capital District, where most of my best friends live. You're close to the Adirondacks and Vermont, and still a half day's drive from NYC or the Jersey shore. Close second would be a tie between South Jersey (Cape May County) or Maui, if everyone I knew moved down there.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:15 PM

2,185 posts, read 4,110,851 times
N Ca

Old 09-23-2009, 10:18 PM

11,334 posts, read 17,134,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymum View Post
Upstate New York, most likely the Capital District, where most of my best friends live. You're close to the Adirondacks and Vermont, and still a half day's drive from NYC or the Jersey shore. Close second would be a tie between South Jersey (Cape May County) or Maui, if everyone I knew moved down there.
Oh yes , Cape May County is high on my list choices .

I'd live in Fort Lauderdale and have a vacation home in Cape May County .

Old 09-26-2009, 10:51 AM

1,276 posts, read 3,000,638 times
It never ceases to amaze me or crack me up when I see people list where I live as the place they would love to be able to move to when I really can't stand it and want to move. Like I've said before, America is great because it offers so many different vistas and cultures w/in the American culture. One person's perfect day outside may entail hunting in MI's UP, another person may want to go snorkeling off the Fla. Keys, & the last one may want to go ice fishing in MN or C.C. Skiing in Vermont. The U.S. does offer so much that you are bound eventually to find "your paradise".

Old 09-26-2009, 12:37 PM

12,391 posts, read 24,609,628 times
I'm fine here north of SF in wine country, have easy city, country, mountain, ocean access and nice mediterranean climate. If I were to leave would be somewhere Chicago which I've already lived and know well or possibly boston/nyc different times of the year, if not there, somewhere in southern france, galway, geneva, or somewhere with world class universities etc.

Old 09-26-2009, 01:01 PM

11,597 posts, read 13,666,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
It never ceases to amaze me or crack me up when I see people list where I live as the place they would love to be able to move to when I really can't stand it and want to move. Like I've said before, America is great because it offers so many different vistas and cultures w/in the American culture. One person's perfect day outside may entail hunting in MI's UP, another person may want to go snorkeling off the Fla. Keys, & the last one may want to go ice fishing in MN or C.C. Skiing in Vermont. The U.S. does offer so much that you are bound eventually to find "your paradise".
The ony folks that want to move to Miami haven't been there. lol They watch to much CSI: Miami.
Now the true South FLA: Key West.... I'd live there if I could afford to. You can have pretty much the rest of the state. lol

Old 09-26-2009, 01:04 PM

5,969 posts, read 7,762,643 times
Center City Philadelphia (Rittenhouse Square or Society Hill) or Manhattan, NYC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or