U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2007, 09:00 AM

33 posts, read 143,797 times

Advertisements

Hi, hope this in the right place to post this. We are considering relocation from Florida to either North or South Carolina and I need a bit more infor than I was able to get from City-Data, which by the way has a ton of info. We are looking at North Augusta & Easley South Carolina and Lenior North Carolina.
My questions:
what is the base rate for electricity and the cost per KWH.
What is the cost for water and sewer service,
what is the cost for cable tv
what is the cost of trash pick up
I ask because the cost of living for homes, taxes, insurance in these area's seem considerably less that what we pay in Florida, but our utilities have increased by large amounts all around and we need to look at the overall picture before we make a move, can't afford the same mistake again.
For those of you from the above areas, what is it about your area that you either love/can't stand/could do without?
Would love to be able to find a place without concern of wildfires, hurricanes, tornados and relentless humidity to but don't think I could stand to live in a cave or a bunker, just kidding. Thanks for the information
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or