U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 11:12 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,504,051 times

Advertisements

As for the place I am currently stuck in, I feel that there are too many people of my race concentrated in this area. IMO, even though I am predominantly composed of a noticable racial group, I really don't give a d*mn about the racial demographics of a residence. I would rather live in an area where I'm the token race yet truly am accepted as one of them than to live in an area that has 60-80% of people from my race and feel an extreme amount of animosity from them because I'm not dumbing myself down to their level (like...where I live right now!).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2007, 04:57 PM

554 posts, read 2,280,556 times
Not exactly more people of the same race, but more people LIKE me, as in the same values.
I don't care about race.

Old 05-25-2007, 06:50 PM

5,298 posts, read 5,774,360 times
Quote:
I know we're not a "race" of people, but I wish there were more gays/lesbians in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. I haven't had a date in nearly three years, and I'm tired of serenading my turtle. (Sniffle, sniffle).
Cheer up you'll find your significant other one of these days.Key West has a large gay community also.Warm and palm trees...lol. As you see under my name I'm a palm tree addict...lol

Old 05-25-2007, 08:55 PM

13,495 posts, read 34,075,539 times
I'm white and yes, I want to live where I'm not a minority race. Personally, I don't feel it's politically incorrect, but we seem to be the only race in the U.S. who is chastised for saying we want to live in a city that has a white majority. I don't blame the Blacks or Asians that you mentioned for wanting to move where there are more people from their own culture. Guess I'd feel the same way if I was one of those races.

Old 08-01-2007, 11:42 PM

8 posts, read 48,839 times
I think generally speaking, people just like to be around people that look like them and there's nothing wrong with that. I personally like to live in a diverse area b'c I'm interested in all sorts of people and I love to learn about other cultures and customs. It is nice though to have the "comforts of your culture".

why are asians so smart? ha a little sarcasm.... but yea a agree with foma. and let me just add good ol' san francisco......scranton/wilks-barre u deff wont have a problem finding a date there lol

Old 08-02-2007, 12:18 PM

147 posts, read 633,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
I know we're not a "race" of people, but I wish there were more gays/lesbians in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. I haven't had a date in nearly three years, and I'm tired of serenading my turtle. (Sniffle, sniffle).
umm okayy?

Old 08-02-2007, 02:09 PM

143 posts, read 788,757 times
To be honest I wouldnt move to any metro where the marketed cities black/minority population is under 20% and thats non-negociable, but thats just me. Although I dont mind living in a predominatly white neighborhood, I just know I would have to get out to the city sometimes to keep me in my right mind.

BTW Whites invented segregating themselves..Look how many of you run to the burbs when things get too "ethnic"..

Last edited by vader; 08-02-2007 at 02:17 PM..

Old 08-02-2007, 04:52 PM

2,639 posts, read 6,033,936 times
Actually I'd like the opposite, I'd like for there to be more people of other races here. I live about 10 miles from Birmingham here in England which has been dubbed 'the capital of Pakistan' due to the huge asian population but here in the town I live in you barely ever see a non-white face (apart from the Chinese students who attend the private school). If I could change one thing about my town I would make it more diverse.

Old 08-03-2007, 12:14 AM

692 posts, read 2,421,255 times
Naw.. I'm getting to old and fat to race anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or