U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Old 05-07-2007, 05:47 AM
1 posts, read 1,137 times
Reputation: 10


Hi there,

I am a 24 year old female in London, currently a junior property manager in a top city company...Ive had the position for 1 year so far, and am doing very well.
Of course i have been in previous employment and fulltime studies aswell.

In my opinion , life is too short to just sit and dream, without seeing if you can make something actually happen.
I would like to move to the USA for a few years (possibly 4), to work possibly in real estate, as i already have experience, or as local staff in an embassy, as ive practically grown up in the embassy, with parents working for them since i was 5.

I understand so far, i will need to find a company to sponser me for this duration, which will obviously mean that i am allowed to live there also for this time.

The desired destination to move to is L.A.....i am hoping that maybe a few of you reading know:
1) of companies that sponser british workers for a few years...(names and contact details would be much appreciated).
2) of the definate procedure that i will have to take to be granted acces into the country to work and live for up to 4 years.
3) Or have general advice if you wer once in the same position as myself.

I hope to hear from you all with positive feedback and advice.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2007, 06:56 AM
Location: Long Beach, CA
2,072 posts, read 11,084,325 times
Reputation: 1744
I would contact AOA (Apartment Owners Association) or AALA (Apartment Association Greater Los Angels Cities) and they may be able to refer you to apartment management companies in the L.A. area. Good luck!!! You can check them on-line also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2007, 07:52 AM
Location: City of Angels
1,287 posts, read 4,652,956 times
Reputation: 662
You might also try contacting the Bristish Consulate in LA. There are a lot of British ex-pats in LA, so I would imagine its a very resourceful office for the kind of info you need to relocate.

http://www.britainusa.com/la/ (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top