U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2007, 06:12 PM

30,237 posts, read 67,392,683 times

Advertisements

I have XM, and I'm torn between "Lucy" and "Ethel" for my favorite station. I also like "20 on 20", and I occasionally listen to Channel 90 (Latin) and Channel 100 (French pop). It sure beats listening to all of the commercials on the local air waves.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2007, 06:19 PM

12,284 posts, read 31,788,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post

As the B-52's, one of my favorite bands, would sing "Shiny, happy people holding hands!"

Didn't REM sing that song?

Old 05-07-2007, 08:02 PM

30,237 posts, read 67,392,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
Didn't REM sing that song?
Yep, yep! I stand corrected! In any event, "Rock Lobster" is another of my favorites!

Old 05-07-2007, 08:42 PM

2,267 posts, read 2,534,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Yeah, but have you checked the SA forums???
Check out the religion forum...I made the mistake of wandering in there...won't happen again.

Old 05-07-2007, 09:47 PM

15,564 posts, read 36,582,075 times
I'm too scared to go in there!!! It's bad enough when I go into the San Antonio forum. I swear, if people in there knew who I was or what I looked like, they'd probably kill me, it gets that bad!!!

Old 05-07-2007, 10:40 PM

250 posts, read 868,502 times
Awww! I know how you feel. I believe I'm truly a southern stuck in a northerns state!!! Group hug!!! Don't dispair. Hey, maybe we should start our own state, where people are treated with kindness, dignity and respect!!! Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Old 05-07-2007, 10:44 PM

15,564 posts, read 36,582,075 times
The funny thing is back in the day on the college debate team you could verbally wrangle and wrestle with everyone in the group and when our session was over we all shook hands and parted ways as friends until the next debate. I am begining to get the feeling it's not like that here on the C-D! LOL

Old 05-07-2007, 11:13 PM

1,223 posts, read 2,953,569 times
I think that there some people are only friendly because they need something. There are other people who are hipocrits and smile at you, but stab you in the back as you walk by. When one experiences this, they are hesitant to make new friends or open up to people. I have a lot of aquaintances but very few friends. My wife sometimes criticizes me because I am not friendly to certain individuals. If I don't like you, I don't pretend to.
Don't get me wrong. I will give you the shirt off of my back. I hold doors open for people, wave at neighbors and bring in their garbage cans, allow people in my lane in traffic, let them cut in at the grocery store if they have fewer items than I do, etc. I'm just careful who I allow in my house and consider a friend.

Last edited by Miami Vice; 05-08-2007 at 12:28 AM..

Old 05-08-2007, 01:20 AM

4,270 posts, read 13,977,881 times
I'm confused. Are we talking about on the CD forums or IRL (In Real Life)?

IRL, I think generally speaking if you are nice to someone, they are nice back.

In CD or just in the virtual world in general, sometimes it's just hard to tell what a person means from reading something. I also think in forums like Religion and Politics, people have strong convictions and when that conviction is questioned, they get very emotional. I admit to becoming overly sensitive sometimes. Other times, people are just plain mean and incosiderate because they want to get a rise out of you. Those are the posts you try to avoid!

Old 05-08-2007, 07:07 AM

612 posts, read 2,545,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Vice View Post
I think that there some people are only friendly because they need something. There are other people who are hipocrits and smile at you, but stab you in the back as you walk by. When one experiences this, they are hesitant to make new friends or open up to people. I have a lot of aquaintances but very few friends. My wife sometimes criticizes me because I am not friendly to certain individuals. If I don't like you, I don't pretend to.
Don't get me wrong. I will give you the shirt off of my back. I hold doors open for people, wave at neighbors and bring in their garbage cans, allow people in my lane in traffic, let them cut in at the grocery store if they have fewer items than I do, etc. I'm just careful who I allow in my house and consider a friend.
I am the exact same way from living in Miami for five years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or