U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 03:35 PM

4,852 posts, read 8,989,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
Do you like heat and humidity?
Better to say hurricanes and storm surge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2009, 08:25 PM

2 posts, read 4,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
I disagree with that list. Pittsburgh as the most livable city, please don't hold your breath! I'd vote Pittsburgh as one of the LEAST livable cities with all that crime and pollution. Otherwise I'd say it's pretty good with the possible exception of San Jose.

I really disagree with that. I am born and raised in Pittsburgh and my father is a city police officer in Pittsburgh and so was my grandfather who has since passed. It's a big city so it's expected to have a higher crime rate then some small rural town. It's a great place to live, work and have fun. So much is offered it would take me too long to name it all. Stereotyping the city as having "all that crime and pollution" is ridiculous. Maybe a long time ago there was a lot of pollution but for a major city I assure you it's a great place to live. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. In traveling I have been to many different cities small and large and I could not be happier being from Pittsburgh.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:28 PM

2 posts, read 4,994 times
It really pisses me off the negative comments about Pittsburgh. It's just like every other city, there's some rude people and there are average people. Grimy steel mills?? Sorry were not good enough for you...

Old 03-25-2009, 01:57 AM

2,958 posts, read 11,350,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Crime? No. Pollution? Yes.

This map was posted by member "Air" recently, and the dark red shadings show the worst levels of smog. PA sits smack dab in the midlde of the blobs around the Ohio River Valley (coal plants), and the BosWash Corridor (congestion). Scranton/Wilkes-Barre's air quality sucks big time in the summer with 15 code red days last year, so I'd imagine Pittsburgh's must be even worse.

This map is fascinating.

But I am slightly annoyed that a lot of Russia, all of Scandanavia, the upper half of Canada, and the east of Australia are missing. Where did they go?
Attached Thumbnails
10 Most livable cities-map.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.