U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 11:08 PM

4,679 posts, read 10,641,359 times

Advertisements

Meh,,, yas are all wrong...

The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations wins.

a) all other States will ignore it, meanwhile battling between themselves, until finally exhausted, only this small yet proud State arises out of the corner, claiming title.

b) it has the longest name of any State - so while leaders of the other States try to just say the name of this State, Rhode Island and Providence Plantations army defeats the rest.

c) Rhode Island and Providence Plantations is the first and only state to decriminalize prostitution - therefore all the fighting men from the other 49 States will want to lay down their arms to join Rhode Island and Providence Plantations army
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 12:01 AM

1,144 posts, read 1,493,976 times
Any state with:

1) Big military presence
2) Lots of tough blue collar fellas
3) Lots of GUNS in citizen's hands
4) A lot of financial resources and a diverse economy
5) Harsh terrain AND climate
6) Tough, strategic leadership

Old 11-04-2009, 07:45 PM

777 posts, read 1,096,091 times
After thinking it over, I say New Hampshire wins. All the big, powerful states knock each other out with their nuclear weapons and large armies of well armed citizen soldiers. Just a handful of smaller, more tranquil states would be left. But there is still a war to decide, so they agree to settle it rock-paper-scissors. Since New Hampshire is the Granite State, and rock ALWAYS wins rock-paper-scissors (just ask Kramer), well, there you have it.

Old 11-04-2009, 10:43 PM

1,359 posts, read 3,189,330 times
New Mexico, Georgia, Washington (state), Nevada, and North Dakota

Why? Because they have all the nuclear weapons

New Mexico (2,450), Georgia (2,000), Washington (1,685), Nevada (1,350), and North Dakota (1,140) (I actually thought all of them were in ND)

Plus, New Mexico has the alien technology and UFO's, so they would emerge as the ultimate victors.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:01 PM

47 posts, read 183,274 times
I'm gonna say Virginia. We have a large military presence...Quanitico, The pentagon, A.P. Hill, Fort Lee, the greatest naval base in the world, newport news shipyard, oceana airforce base, etc. plus lax gun laws and lots of independant country people willing to fight. Plus, we've been through this before, only 150 years ago

Old 11-06-2009, 08:46 PM

13,856 posts, read 22,248,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
Meh,,, yas are all wrong...

The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations wins.

a) all other States will ignore it, meanwhile battling between themselves, until finally exhausted, only this small yet proud State arises out of the corner, claiming title.

b) it has the longest name of any State - so while leaders of the other States try to just say the name of this State, Rhode Island and Providence Plantations army defeats the rest.

c) Rhode Island and Providence Plantations is the first and only state to decriminalize prostitution - therefore all the fighting men from the other 49 States will want to lay down their arms to join Rhode Island and Providence Plantations army
I thought Nevada allows prostitution. Although I guess that's only parts of it.

Your having a quote from the Chippewa/Ojibwe makes me of something. What if you have every state destroy each other and then the Chippewa, Cherokee, Navajo, Sioux, or even non-Indian Yupik pick up the pieces. Like a real version of the Ghost Dance Prophecies. (A part-Cherokee author named William Sanders one had a story like this, although the US was destroyed by a plague instead)

Old 11-06-2009, 11:24 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,930,502 times
I don't think Minnesota will win, but as long as we kick the crap out of Wisconsin's ass before falling I'm happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or