U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 11:34 PM

3,973 posts, read 7,103,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backdrifter View Post
Because it's awesome.
Backdrifter, I have found I agree with you on a lot of stuff, with us being from the same area. But, no this isn't awesome. Not at all. I agree with city-data on the merit of these kind of threads. It will likely be closed within 24 hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 12:53 AM

2,222 posts, read 4,468,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Backdrifter, I have found I agree with you on a lot of stuff, with us being from the same area. But, no this isn't awesome. Not at all. I agree with city-data on the merit of these kind of threads. It will likely be closed within 24 hours.
Honestly, I only said that because I was feeling a little cheeky as I do from time to time.

I don't think this thread should be in the General US forum, or even on C-D necessarily (maybe in City vs City or...?), but it is kind of fun and mostly light-hearted, and so far it hasn't really devolved into the hateful nonsense and p*ssing matches that you often see many of these threads turn into (especially in the past, pre-City vs City subforum, or maybe I just ignore those threads now). If the powers that be close it, then that's their judgment call since it is, I admit, vague and irrelevant.

Old 10-17-2009, 07:16 AM

12,142 posts, read 21,630,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Around View Post
Delaware. Dupont is there--chemical weapons, don'tcha know. They'd poison all those gun-totin, red state hayseeds before they knew what hit 'em
But us gun-totin hayseeds also have DOW Chemical.

Old 10-17-2009, 08:55 AM

55 posts, read 76,917 times
In the end, it would go down to just Texas and California

Old 10-17-2009, 09:20 AM

29 posts, read 46,467 times
Pa. would win. Cause the Pittsburgh Steeler's Defense would stop any invaders!! That's what I'm talking about!

Old 10-17-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvidTraveller View Post
Pa. would win. Cause the Pittsburgh Steeler's Defense would stop any invaders!! That's what I'm talking about!
Nope Michigan would win, we would trot out the Detroit Lions and everybody else would be too busy laughing to put up much of a fight.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:24 AM

254 posts, read 417,688 times
California......first, we would shut off Google and Yahoo and cripple the internet except for California. This will cause widespread rioting in the rest of the country. All Ipods and Iphones will be rendered obsolete, which will further worsen the civil unrest, causing instability. The national guard for the other 49 states will have to be called in and be tied up with each states domestic problems.

The hundreds of thousands of Californians that moved to other states weren't really tired of California. It was all a guise. They moved to the other states to begin Operation Terminator....

Governator Shwarzenegger (sp?) is real terminator and when he presses the button, all of those "ex californians" will begin to take over the other states from the inside. I mean Californians really make up like 50 percent of the population in some other states, right?

Old 10-17-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frsno1 View Post
California......first, we would shut off Google and Yahoo and cripple the internet except for California. This will cause widespread rioting in the rest of the country. All Ipods and Iphones will be rendered obsolete, which will further worsen the civil unrest, causing instability. The national guard for the other 49 states will have to be called in and be tied up with each states domestic problems.

The hundreds of thousands of Californians that moved to other states weren't really tired of California. It was all a guise. They moved to the other states to begin Operation Terminator....

Governator Shwarzenegger (sp?) is real terminator and when he presses the button, all of those "ex californians" will begin to take over the other states from the inside. I mean Californians really make up like 50 percent of the population in some other states, right?
Ohhh... a long term nefarious plot, I like it. California sleeper cells all over the Country. I think we have a winner in the thread. LOL

Old 10-17-2009, 01:12 PM

1,954 posts, read 3,718,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal View Post
Let’s say the U.S. federal gov’t dissolves, and each of the 50 states becomes an independent country. In an all out war—each state for itself with no alliances—which state would win?

Specify either a conventional war, or a nuclear war. The outcome could be different.

edit: To add the possibility of a nuclear war.
Obviously only states with vast energy reserves would be a possibility. Lets see how military vehicles, etc can go without oil??? i.e. Alaska, Texas

How would people heat their homes, power their factories without coal? i.e. Wyoming, West Virginia

Allies and treaties are a way of life even for the most barbarian of nations. I'd expect small states with resources would be sought after and partner with neighboring state(s) with larger populations and infrastructure in place. i.e. Pennsylvania, Maryland and West Virginia.

Old 10-17-2009, 02:51 PM

1,645 posts, read 2,049,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
I've been to countless forums and I'll never understand how so many fail to grasp a simple concept:

If you don't like a thread, don't read it. Don't spam it. Don't whine about it or try to get it closed because you have a personal objection. Just don't read it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.