U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 09:06 PM

18 posts, read 29,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
I see white male/black female couples all the time.
you must confuse them with black girls/hispanic guys ones

Old 10-17-2009, 09:21 PM

oldisnew do you live in LA? maybe ,do you ever seen a black girl dating a white american guy? i absolutely dont think so .

Old 10-17-2009, 09:22 PM

2,779 posts, read 6,685,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwxyz View Post
its absolutely false that black girl/white american guys couples dont exist only in the south cause i live in LA and lived in Ny and DC , but i never see a bf/wm couple in general, also when i heard of them the white guys involved are always foreign born , never american.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:25 PM

4,382 posts, read 15,321,803 times
vwxyz, Why are you obsessed with telling everyone that wm and bw couples don't exist?

I'm starting to get a troll vibe

Old 10-17-2009, 10:19 PM

13,856 posts, read 22,961,646 times
Quote:
oldisnew do you live in LA? maybe ,do you ever seen a black girl dating a white american guy? i absolutely dont think so .
You know I've devoted my life to solitude and celibacy to a large degree, but you've inspired me to date a black woman and move to Los Angeles. The only person I really know with my condition, osteogenesis imperfecta, is a black woman. Watch for me and her arm-in-arm in our wheelchairs rolling down Sepulveda Boulevard

Old 10-17-2009, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
vwxyz, Why are you obsessed with telling everyone that wm and bw couples don't exist?

I'm starting to get a troll vibe
i just want to say that since i live in a city like LA and went to Ny without never seen a bf/wm couple in general i start to think that are almost inexistent , but when i talk about such pairings i mean the bf/wm couples formed by white american guys cause when i heard on the net of bf/wm couples the wht guys involved are foreign born , never american

Last edited by vwxyz; 10-17-2009 at 10:36 PM..

Old 10-18-2009, 11:28 AM

15,504 posts, read 17,728,729 times
I think there may be something of a stigma attached to White male / Black female pairings due to the fact that the European blood in African Americans is largely a legacy of slave times when many enslaved black women gave birth to children of white men of the slave owner's family.

It does seem that a lot of the modern interracial couples after the civil rights movement were indeed skewed towards White male / Black female due to the fact that Black men were still heavily discriminated against and it could be dangerous for a black man to openly date a white woman even in the north.

In the post-modern era of Political Correctness, the balance has changed. A White man being with a Black woman could be perceived as harkening back to slavery, imperialism, or racist exoticism while a White woman with a Black man may be perceived as open-mindedness.

While I believe that couples should be based on love and race should not be a limiting factor in who dates or marries who (I myself have dated interracially), but there seems to be a concerted effort on the part of Hollywood and Madison Avenue to portray Black male / White female couples almost to the exclusion of the reverse pairing. This kind of social engineering is rather sad (and just a bit Orwellian).

vwxyz, you say that you haven't seen White male / Black female couple in L.A. or New York, what about in your home country?

ABQConvict

Old 10-18-2009, 11:45 AM

4,230 posts, read 9,133,273 times
Quote:
you must confuse them with black girls/hispanic guys ones
Uh, NO!

Old 10-18-2009, 03:32 PM

13,856 posts, read 22,961,646 times
This thing on Joshua Packwood, Morehouse's first white valedictorian, might be of interest. Although it's an all-male college apparently he was of interest to some black women there and had dated either race.

2008 valedictorian is different kind of 'Morehouse Man' - USATODAY.com

Old 10-18-2009, 03:51 PM

7,848 posts, read 18,268,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
This thing on Joshua Packwood, Morehouse's first white valedictorian, might be of interest. Although it's an all-male college apparently he was of interest to some black women there and had dated either race.

2008 valedictorian is different kind of 'Morehouse Man' - USATODAY.com
It's pretty common in Atlanta to see all kinds of interracial couples. I haven't noticed a much larger number of bm/wf couples as opposed to wm/bf couples...but I haven't really been counting either. I'm not sure why it matters which one is more prominent, but both types of couples definitely exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or