U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 05:24 PM

21,398 posts, read 19,315,114 times

Advertisements

Thanks. Interesting people somehow, but I could never live like that (because of the religious part, not the lack of technology).
The gypsies in Germany also strongly oppose marrying outside their ethnic group, I guess it is even forbidden by their ancient laws. They consider us unclean
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 06:10 PM

2,779 posts, read 6,688,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
He wasn't a priest he was a justice of the peace. (Keith Bardwell) A Catholic priest was once killed in Louisiana, by a Methodist minister, for performing what could be deemed an interracial marriage.

James Coyle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Most forms of Christianity never forbade interracial marriage. It's largely a peculiarity of a few forms of US and South African Protestantism.
The Wikipedia article says the murder occurred in Birmingham, not in Louisiana. It could have happened just as easily in La, but thought that I would correct it before someone else got another shot in toward La. The state already suffers from a bad enough image. On second thought, I don't think it would make much difference at this point. Ok it happened in La

Old 10-17-2009, 07:26 PM

13,856 posts, read 22,969,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdwell View Post
The Wikipedia article says the murder occurred in Birmingham, not in Louisiana. It could have happened just as easily in La, but thought that I would correct it before someone else got another shot in toward La. The state already suffers from a bad enough image. On second thought, I don't think it would make much difference at this point. Ok it happened in La
No that was a good catch, thanks and I apologize for the error.

Old 10-17-2009, 08:06 PM

48,141 posts, read 45,495,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
I know twin sisters who are Black/Filipino.
I knew it was rare, but the mix isn't too bizarre (one of the Black Eyed Peas members are Black/Filipino)

But the most unique mix I've seen is my cousins daughter. She's Italian/Armenian/Jamaican. The father is full Jamaican from Jamaica and my cousin is the Italian/Armenian mix.
She's only a baby, but she has very thick brown hair from the Italian side (not nappy), light brown skin (like Beyonce), and honey colored eyes... On her first birthday nobody could get over how exotic and beautiful she was.
Interesting mix. I have a friend who is Filipino/White and when I looked at her, I thought she was Hispanic. Another friend I have is mixed with Costa Rican, Italian, and Polish. Some people mistake her for Middle Eastern.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:25 PM

2,779 posts, read 6,688,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
No that was a good catch, thanks and I apologize for the error.
Not a problem

Old 10-17-2009, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Some mixes I know of in my area, of the top of my head, are:
Mexican/Italian
Lebanese/Syrian and Mexican
Black(Jamaican)/Italian
Black/Chilean mother of French and German descent
Black/Native American(Onondaga and/or Mohawk)
White/Native American(Onondaga or Mohawk)
White/Filipino
White/Korean
Bosnian/Black(African-Amer.)
Native American(Onondaga)/Mexican
Interesting mixes. African-American/Bosnian. I haven't heard of that, but I find that interesting. Some of the couples I have found in my university:
African-American male/Polish-born female(both have a child together too)
Kenyan male/Polish-born female
Bulgarian female/African-American male
Peruvian female/Swedish-born male of Polish descent,possibly with some Turkish mixed in.
Peruvian male/Swedish female
White American female/Kenyan male
Persian/Mexican-American female/African-American male
White American female/Korean male
German-American female/Arab male
Romanian female/Lebanese male

Old 10-18-2009, 11:26 AM

3,115 posts, read 6,498,795 times
One of my best friends is Cuban (consisting of Spaniard, Native American, and Black) and Lebanese. I also have friends that are Argentinian (Italian and Native American)/Polish Jewish and Mexican/Korean. Couples among my friends are Ghanan/Indian, Mexican/Lebanese, and Chinese/Jewish.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
One of my best friends is Cuban (consisting of Spaniard, Native American, and Black) and Lebanese. I also have friends that are Argentinian (Italian and Native American)/Polish Jewish and Mexican/Korean. Couples among my friends are Ghanan/Indian, Mexican/Lebanese, and Chinese/Jewish.
Salma Hayek is Mexican/Lebanese.

Old 10-18-2009, 01:09 PM

21,398 posts, read 19,315,114 times
Tiger Woods is African-American + Thai, if I remember correctly. Thaiger Woods

Old 10-18-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Tiger Woods is African-American + Thai, if I remember correctly. Thaiger Woods
That is true. He also has some Native American in him too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.