U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2010, 06:14 PM

18,648 posts, read 27,082,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by $mk8795 View Post
Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts have a Large Number of Blacks and Latinos..........
Yeah but to a Southerner, those states will look like they do not have a very large black population outside the major urban areas of those states. Same cannot be said of the South.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:09 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,808,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Yes, there are more of both groups than people realize in those states. Also, both groups have diversity within them. For instance, the Black community in Providence can range from African Americans, Haitians, Cape Verdeans and Jamaicans. There are cities with a good deal of Dominicans, Puerto Ricans and Central Americans like Boston, for example.

Heck, even the major cities in New Hampshire, Maine and even Burlington Vermont has some diversity as well.
Exactly!

Old 03-29-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Well, I guess you have drop-down cuisine issues on search engines.

Try again, or retract your obviously incorrect viewpoint.

Maybe the issue is that you didn't see most of the metro, and are basically going by tired (regional) stereotypes?
You want to talk about "tired regional stereotype"...

You people in Atlanta and Charlotte act like Baltimore doesn't exist as one of the Major Cities, You people constantly deny Maryland being a Southern State when in reality it is a Southern State, and You people act like Baltimore is the most undesirable non-progressive city in the US..........

Old 03-29-2010, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
He was responding to your statement that you didn't see "any" West Indian/Caribbean/Ethiopian restaurants when you went to Atlanta. He provides a source that proves that there are, so you come up with a strawman argument talking about other types of restaurants (that are West Indian as well) that you didn't see. Nice try. There may not be as many as in NYC or other areas with larger populations of West Indian or African immigrants, but to say that there aren't any is an outright falsehood
Which proves my point that Atlanta is not as Multi-Cultural as Miami, NYC, DC, Baltimore, Philly, LA, Houston, Chicago, Jersey, Boston, etc.......

Old 03-29-2010, 10:38 PM

2,531 posts, read 5,466,100 times
Quote:
Which proves my point that Atlanta is not as Multi-Cultural as Miami, NYC, DC, Baltimore, Philly, LA, Houston, Chicago, Jersey, Boston, etc.......
I never claimed Atlanta was. That would be foolish. Care to share any other red herrings and nuggets of wisdom, Captain Obvious?

Old 03-30-2010, 01:20 AM

6,836 posts, read 12,866,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissy View Post
Smh. Yes, the virginia, maryland, and dc are still considered part of the south. Actually, they are considered both north and south since they border, but many people in these areas claim southern culture/heritage.
um wrong i go to maryland multiple times a year , and everyone there will smack you if you call them southern.

Old 03-30-2010, 01:30 AM

6,836 posts, read 12,866,657 times
Quote:

You people in Atlanta and Charlotte act like Baltimore doesn't exist as one of the Major Cities, You people constantly deny Maryland being a Southern State when in reality it is a Southern State, and You people act like Baltimore is the most undesirable non-progressive city in the US..........
wasnt maryland declared a northern state like a week or 2 weeks ago?

Old 03-30-2010, 01:35 PM

296 posts, read 484,652 times
Thank you!!!!!!! @

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
um wrong i go to maryland multiple times a year , and everyone there will smack you if you call them southern.

Old 03-30-2010, 01:49 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,159,739 times
Quote:

Whoa.....you really need to check yourself on this. I happen to really like Bawlmer - it's one of my favorite cities out there, and I challenge you to find one negative thing I have ever said about it.

And I would watch myself re: using the "you people" moniker too freely, k?

Old 03-30-2010, 03:10 PM

162 posts, read 353,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Yeah but to a Southerner, those states will look like they do not have a very large black population outside the major urban areas of those states. Same cannot be said of the South.
Bingo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.