Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2009, 09:56 AM
col col started this thread

131 posts, read 674,730 times

Advertisements

Haven't posted in a while but still looking or longing for a move.
Livin in NY family not typical NY'ers. Like culture, free stuff, quite, afford-ability
and lower Cost of living. Prefer nice people, non polluters ( ie; throwing trash from car window types) we are ( I am ) mostly a home bodies but love day trips.
Need good high school following into good college or vocational for kid, and employment/career opportunities for Wife ( non profit? working with adults with developmental disabilities). Love suburbs that are close to or by conveniences
........where is the US is this? and is it on or near the east coast ( we love scenery as well but won;t bet the future on it)......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 11:04 AM

5,888 posts, read 13,005,312 times
Dutchess County

Old 11-08-2009, 02:03 AM

5,812 posts, read 18,827,879 times
Some more details of what you want would be nice...

Old 11-08-2009, 08:13 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,079,659 times
Well, I don't suggest this much but it sounds like you might be happy in Phoenix, AZ. It's cheap and clean but the education system isn't great, we have plenty of good charter schools though and some of the outlying suburb areas have some decent schools.
You can travel around the state and experience different climates, people are always boasting about that and their won't be and snow to shovel, thats for sure. Close to CA, if you need some beach. Check into the desert states, AZ, NM, etc.
Personally, I'm leaving the state, but it sounds like it has a lot of the qualities you are looking for. I've lived there for 30 years and in need of a change myself. I'm wanting seasons, and history.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:40 PM

93,276 posts, read 123,898,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by col View Post
Haven't posted in a while but still looking or longing for a move.
Livin in NY family not typical NY'ers. Like culture, free stuff, quite, afford-ability
and lower Cost of living. Prefer nice people, non polluters ( ie; throwing trash from car window types) we are ( I am ) mostly a home bodies but love day trips.
Need good high school following into good college or vocational for kid, and employment/career opportunities for Wife ( non profit? working with adults with developmental disabilities). Love suburbs that are close to or by conveniences
........where is the US is this? and is it on or near the east coast ( we love scenery as well but won;t bet the future on it)......
Syracuse area......

Old 11-16-2009, 06:36 AM

27,200 posts, read 43,896,295 times
Major college towns typically offer much what you are looking for:

Affordability, culture, plenty to do, green/environmentally conscious, good schools, stable economy and job options with university related hospitals/clinics for your wife.

Chapel Hill, NC Chapel Hill, North Carolina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gainesville, FL Gainesville, Florida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Iowa City, Iowa Iowa City, Iowa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Madison, WI Madison, Wisconsin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Morgantown, WV Morgantown, West Virginia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Good luck!

Old 11-16-2009, 02:53 PM

1,034 posts, read 4,392,163 times
Have you ever looked in to Oregon? Cities in the south are less gloomy, like Medford and Ashland.

I live in Phoenix and watch people throw trash out their windows daily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.