U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2009, 11:53 AM

12,391 posts, read 24,570,477 times

Advertisements

how about the pac northwest?
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 12:30 PM

1,276 posts, read 2,996,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamafan3512 View Post
ive been looking at the following states:
colorado
wyoming
montana
minnesota
michigan
wisconsin

im looking for somewhere cold.. i live in the south and i dont really like the heat.. i love mountains, lakes, somewhere with a beautiful scnenery, and also a SMALL TOWN.. i dont like big cities. what do you think?
I am looking too, I need a change from all this heat we are stuck with in the South. If you are looking for beautiful scenery and cold temps, I highly recommend the following: A) Upper Peninsula Michigan probably Marquette or West of in the U.P. B) Up state New Hampshire-White Mts. area C) Vermont- Green Mts. area D) Rocky Mts states- CO, WY, ID, MT E) the Great State of Alaska The only problem of course is employment, small towns in rural areas don't often have many employment opportunities. Good luck with your search!

Old 11-06-2009, 01:30 PM

10,234 posts, read 13,987,730 times
Buffalo, NY just came to mind. Winters are rather harsh there but I don't believe it gets very hot in summer. Several years ago a resident told me that population had actually dropped because of the cold.

Ah, but think of the occasional drive to beautiful Niagra Falls! Someday I'll see it.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:44 PM

6 posts, read 24,591 times
Wow! Those pics are Beautiful!!! Check out Alta, Wyoming, Targhee resort is the best!!!! The rockies can't be beat and the Tetons are the most beautiful mountains around!

Old 12-05-2009, 01:10 AM

33 posts, read 25,053 times
Wisconsin is cold as, is our beer. Madison is a nice area. Suburban Milwaukee is hilly in places. Very nice.

Old 12-05-2009, 02:19 AM

13,856 posts, read 22,969,835 times
Plentywood, Montana looks pretty cold and in or near a mountainous region.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Plentywood-Montana.html

Old 12-05-2009, 01:59 PM

1,077 posts, read 2,689,344 times
If you really like the cold, i hear you can get land in Antartica for a steal.

Old 12-05-2009, 04:27 PM

56,633 posts, read 80,930,134 times
This might help for finding homes in the small cities and towns in Upstate NY: All Seasons Realty - Plattsburgh New York Real Estate, North Country Real Estate
CNYREALTOR.COM | #1 in Syracuse real estate and homes for sale. Search over 6,000 listings.
Welcome To The Greater Utica Rome Board Of Realtors (http://www.uticaromerealtor.com/search/FormRes.php - broken link)
SoftMLS Advanced Search (http://www.nnymls.com/public/search/advanced/shell-psearch1.asp - broken link)
RealtyUSA | New York Real Estate |
Coldwell Banker King George Realty - Glens Falls Real Estate
craigslist: plattsburgh-adirondacks classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events
craigslist: utica-rome-oneida classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events
craigslist: catskills classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events
craigslist: watertown classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events
craigslist: oneonta classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events

and some websites of communites you might like up here:
Glens Falls is full of things to do, delicious restaurants, and numerous places to shop for everyone in your family or friends.
Welcome to Plattsburgh New York
Oneontany
Ticonderoga Area Chamber of Commerce
Welcome to Saranac Lake, New York!
Chamber of Commerce for the Town and Village of Tupper Lake
VisitMalone.com - Malone New York
Lake George Area in New York's Adirondacks - Official Site
Adirondack Old Forge, New York
Saratoga County Chamber Of Commerce: The Official Saratoga Springs NY Online Guide!

Old 12-09-2009, 08:53 PM

721 posts, read 2,352,704 times
Try Duluth. It's a small town (86,000) but feels bigger. It is cool year round. Highs ar ein the mid 70's in the summer on average. Although, it can reach into the 80's for a short time too. The city has a ton of outdoor events, 23 parks in city, a municpal forest, a hiking trail that reaches along the shore of lake superior north to Canada, groomed ski trails, a down hill ski hill that's actually pretty good for the midwest (Duluth is built along an 800 foot ridge running along the lake).

Welcome to The City of Duluth, Minnesota

VisitDuluth.com :: The Official Duluth Travel Guide

Old 12-09-2009, 09:06 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,150,063 times
Burlington, VT
Bozeman, MT
Laramie, WY
Durango, CO
La Crosse, WI
St Cloud, MN
Kalamazoo, MI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.