U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 08:07 AM

2,859 posts, read 3,777,764 times

Advertisements

Honestly, alot of AA men are into WW, which is fine, but it does put a huge damper on BW's prospects. Personally, the biggest irony I've found is that women straight from Africa get alot of play from white guys. Maybe being either out west or in a cosmopolitan city of the NE/South would be the best move.

Canada and England are other options as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 08:36 AM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,085 posts, read 11,462,950 times
I agree with posters who said major cities like Houston, Atlanta, and the South in general. Never been there, but it seems like Chicago would be a good place, too. I don't think a little podunk town in the Midwest will be the place for the catcalls you're looking for. Or try NYC. Women get catcalled there all the time!

Old 11-14-2009, 11:28 AM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,085 posts, read 11,462,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
Maybe being either out west or in a cosmopolitan city of the NE/South would be the best move.

I would add Germany as well, but I guess that doesn't help the OP.

American men of any race are not where it's at, IMO, when it comes to pursuing women. The dating game is nuts, too much superficiality and game-playing involved. The mating ritual these days involves intricate dance steps I guess I never learned. I don't know what's happened (feminism? ), but things are not as simple as they were in my mother's day. Personally I've had far better luck with men from other countries.

Old 11-14-2009, 11:40 AM

2,859 posts, read 3,777,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostoner View Post
I would add Germany as well, but I guess that doesn't help the OP.

American men of any race are not where it's at, IMO, when it comes to pursuing women. The dating game is nuts, too much superficiality and game-playing involved. The mating ritual these days involves intricate dance steps I guess I never learned. I don't know what's happened (feminism? ), but things are not as simple as they were in my mother's day. Personally I've had far better luck with men from other countries.

Eh. As an "American Man", the knife slices both ways. But yeah, we guys sometimes screw ourselves over too.

I'm kinda in the same perdicament as the OP. Where to the girls dig olive-skinned intellectuals?

Old 11-15-2009, 03:32 PM

56,780 posts, read 81,149,048 times
Quote:
Honestly, alot of AA men are into WW, which is fine, but it does put a huge damper on BW's prospects. Personally, the biggest irony I've found is that women straight from Africa get alot of play from white guys. Maybe being either out west or in a cosmopolitan city of the NE/South would be the best move.

Not as much as one might think: Black African American Demographics Population Just scroll to the bottom

Old 11-15-2009, 03:36 PM

56,780 posts, read 81,149,048 times
I would say that you should spark up some conversation with a guy you might be interested in. Like some have said, there isn't anything wrong with initiating things with a guy. with that said, if you are looking for a place where there are higher ratios of Black men to Black women, try cities like San Francisco, Seattle or a city with a strong military presence like San Diego or the Tidewater/Hampton Roads area of Virginia, for example.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:40 PM

4,467 posts, read 8,450,867 times
Well I love Black women lol. So if you want we can talk lol=). Anyways, you can try any military city or any place that is diversed. NYC, Miami, LA etc..

Old 11-15-2009, 11:41 PM

13,856 posts, read 23,001,491 times
Quote:
Personally, the biggest irony I've found is that women straight from Africa get alot of play from white guys. Maybe being either out west or in a cosmopolitan city of the NE/South would be the best move.
I don't think that's that odd. I think "foreign" is exciting for a lot of people regardless of race, gender, or nationality. Some women are very into guys who are French or Spanish or Mexican. You see this in other cultures too. Many Japanese guys go for the blond Western look. Japanese businessmen going to foreign lands mostly for the hookers became a cliche that you see in Japanese fiction too, like one story I read by Shusaku Endo. I don't think it was unheard of for black veterans of the Korean War or Vietnam War to have a relationship with a woman from those places.

Usually the stories I'm meaning it's more for sex or a short-term relationship rather than any lasting commitment. Although there are certainly exceptions to that coming from very different cultures may put a strain on anything long-term.

Old 11-16-2009, 10:23 AM
eek

3,576 posts, read 6,664,480 times
so...you lived in maryland and asked this question??

DC is your immediate answer. at least for east african women.

i'd think ATL maybe, if you wanted to stay in the south. otherwise, NYC is great. DC takes this tho, IMHO. DC has many, many, many, maaany fine east african ladies. yes sir...

silver spring, md has a lot too, which is why your question baffles me..

Old 11-16-2009, 11:22 AM

4,954 posts, read 8,553,167 times
If you can't get any black women in DC, then your game is weak! Plain & simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or