U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 05:34 PM

1,512 posts, read 7,272,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacelilies View Post
LOL at jluke65780

Thanks to all of you for your recommendations. So far I think I have compiled a pretty good list, way more than I started with i.e

-Chicago
-Houston
-Southern states
-San Francisco
-Places with a military presence (Jacksonville (NC), Columbia (SC), San Diego, Virginia)
-New York city
-Miami
-Los Angeles
-Philadelphia

And internationally
-Germany
-Canada
-Italy
-Mexico

Did I miss anything?

I have started checking out some of their city boards. My plan is to start looking for jobs once I narrow the list down to 3.

Another thing I did not mention (and I am hoping it does not offend anyone) is that I prefer professional men. I know some people may think it's elitist to have that as a criteria but it's just what I like. Also, I don't care about race or ethnicity,just a man who isn't afraid to pursue and love an African woman.
Don't forget Detroit. Anyhow, except for metro Detroit and St. Louis; and NYC and Philly, forget about the Midwest and Northeast. People in both areas tend to be icy as the winter weather that encompasses these areas. As for the Western U.S., the reason there is more interracial couplings between blacks and whites in this region is simple...there is a much greater percentage of whites than blacks. Yes, the Los Angeles area has a little over 1.3 million blacks, however, that is intermixed and dispersed into a very, very large area and immense population. So, the likelihhood of a black falling into love with a white, Asian, or non-black hispanic is far greater than it is for a black to couple with another black person.

Last edited by Rwarky; 02-16-2010 at 05:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 05:42 PM

1,512 posts, read 7,272,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacelilies View Post
This is not a joke, I am serious about this question. I have lived in both Maryland (college) and the Midwest (job) and found that in those areas, men of all races do not actively pursue black women.

I don't know whether it is cultural, fear of sexual harassment accusations or just plain zero attraction to black women but in those places I got (and still get) no play.

A little about me, I grew up in Ghana, a country where men actively pursue women. They make catcalls, walk up to you and boldly ask you out for a date.

Since I moved to the U.S., I have not had that experience. I know I am not ugly but for the life of me, cannot explain why I never get asked out. I asked a caucasian colleague of mine and she said that American men are just shy and that they don't chase women the way I was used to in Ghana. She advised me to make eye contact with men I like and to smile encouragingly.

I tried that but failed woefully. I am just not used to making the first moves with a man also, the men I liked were not attracted to me.

I decided to stop but now want to move to an area where men are bolder. Does such a place exist in the U.S.?

I am professional, 26 with a grad degree
The fear of being accussed of sexual harassment and possibly getting jailed for approaching or complimenting Western women, has caused many American men to act this way.

BTW, I am a 30 year old, single Black American male who loves women of color!

Old 02-20-2010, 06:26 PM

3,509 posts, read 7,321,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkonesun View Post
Especially the women.

Black American men are treated like monsters out here in the East Bay. I don't care how many interracial couples you see with black men, non-black women. I know those brothers have to put up with a lot of s**t to be with those women, and they probably are successful or a thug; because if you aren't one or the other, you can forget it as a black man out here. And there is no telling how many women that black male had to approach for he finally found one who wasn't RACIST enough to give his black ass a chance. I know the deal.

I knew several educated black men who left the Bay Area because they got tired of being treated in the way that you described; especially by the women out here--of all races, including black women.

It trips me out when I hear about the dating problems black women have outside of Cali. Because INSIDE of it, they practically SNUB every black man around. The educated black women won't even DATE black men out here. Most only date white or latin men. The only black women that I even SEE out here with black men are the HOODRATS.

Anyway, you hit the nail right on the head. It has gotten that I don't even LOOK a woman's way out here anymore; because you CAN'T. Many of the women in the Bay Area are just flat out RACIST against black men; and that's the truth.

Later,
I see you found your way to city data.

Old 02-20-2010, 07:38 PM

3,625 posts, read 7,176,506 times
^ lolz i was just gonna say...

Old 02-20-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
The fear of being accussed of sexual harassment and possibly getting jailed for approaching or complimenting Western women, has caused many American men to act this way.

BTW, I am a 30 year old, single Black American male who loves women of color!
interesting comment and i kinda agree. Its even worse for guys of color just the honest truth.

Old 02-21-2010, 02:53 PM

56,708 posts, read 81,038,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
I see you found your way to city data.
From where? BP?

Old 02-21-2010, 04:36 PM

257 posts, read 319,006 times
Most people don't find black women attractive. I'm not trying to insult you, obviously it isn't your fault, but that's reality. It usually goes in the order of White, Hispanic or Asian, then Black women for who is most attractive, in many people's eyes.

Considering this reality, if you find a man who wants to date you, you should hold onto him tight, because there's no telling when you'd find another.

I'm sorry it has to be this way. Just realize it doesn't have any bearing on your personality or soul and is soley human nature.

Old 02-21-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
From where? BP?
youtube

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZKay1 View Post
Most people don't find black women attractive. I'm not trying to insult you, obviously it isn't your fault, but that's reality. It usually goes in the order of White, Hispanic or Asian, then Black women for who is most attractive, in many people's eyes.

Considering this reality, if you find a man who wants to date you, you should hold onto him tight, because there's no telling when you'd find another.

I'm sorry it has to be this way. Just realize it doesn't have any bearing on your personality or soul and is soley human nature.
care to explain why

Old 02-21-2010, 06:50 PM

56,708 posts, read 81,038,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
youtube

care to explain why
Yeah.......

Old 02-24-2010, 05:17 PM

3,093 posts, read 4,139,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LZKay1 View Post
I find this sadly true. Black women are the most discriminated against people in this country and it really isn't even close. It's a shame because there are so many beautiful black women in this world and their beauty isn't even acknowledged because of this silly notion of beauty that the world subscribes to. One of the reasons why I refuse to go interracial. I can't abandon our women like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or