U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2009, 09:17 PM

3,096 posts, read 6,776,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
Dude, please. For the love of all things pure, step away from the the crack pipe.

Drive along the LBJ and tell me that.

"the LBJ"?? You must be from California. Here in Texas we don't call it "the LBJ", its simply LBJ. And LBJ is a freeway.....I wouldnt expect any vegetation to be growing in it, on it, or around it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 09:22 PM

3,096 posts, read 6,776,929 times
Quote:
Why would they need AC? I thought it wasn't really hot there?

Who said it wasn't hot here?? It sure wasn't me! I'll be the first to tell you, I HATE Texas summers, but I think it would be great if we could land one, heat or not!

Old 11-12-2009, 09:24 PM

7,848 posts, read 18,275,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Who said it wasn't hot here?? It sure wasn't me! I'll be the first to tell you, I HATE Texas summers, but I think it would be great if we could land one, heat or not!
They could have it in September...nothing wrong with that. The temperatures are more agreeable then.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:08 PM

2,352 posts, read 1,818,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
"the LBJ"?? You must be from California. Here in Texas we don't call it "the LBJ", its simply LBJ. And LBJ is a freeway.....I wouldnt expect any vegetation to be growing in it, on it, or around it.
No I'm not from CA. And the salient point flew past you. Spare the "here in TX" nonsense. I've spent way more time in TX than should be legal. Funny thing is, I've heard plenty of locals call it the LBJ Freeway.

Old 11-13-2009, 06:37 AM

3,261 posts, read 7,812,919 times
Quote:
Hilarious. Lots of trees? Green in the summer? Forest in Dallas?

Apparently the terms scenery, greenery, forest and trees are very much open to interpretation.

I might suggest you venture out of the metroplex a little more often.

It's a big, bad world out there.

Bigger than Dallas!
Yes! there is a forest in Dallas it is called the Great Trinity Forest it is the largest urban forest in the USA!

http://www.motherfocus.com/~trc/assets/images/gtf_map.jpg (broken link)

Old 11-13-2009, 07:11 AM

966 posts, read 1,609,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
Yes! there is a forest in Dallas it is called the Great Trinity Forest it is the largest urban forest in the USA!

Dallas - Unfair Park - Let's Go Camping in the Great Trinity Forest! After They Plant Trees.

"The latter document's an interesting read this morning, as it plainly states right there on Page 5: "THE FOREST NEEDS OUR HELP!" Which is what Schutze said earlier this spring. But, why come? Well, first off: "Only about 60-70 large trees are scattered throughout the 6,000 acres"; the Great Trinity Forest (http://www.trinityrivercorridor.org/html/great_trinity_forest.html - broken link) is filled mostly with "small diameter, low quality trees that do not support wildlife or allow recreational activities."

Last edited by Overcooked_Oatmeal; 11-13-2009 at 07:23 AM..

Old 11-13-2009, 07:23 AM

5,648 posts, read 7,451,793 times
How did this thread become all about Dallas?

Old 11-13-2009, 07:27 AM

2,161 posts, read 3,989,785 times
Because a couple of people can't take that someone mentioned Dallas.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:35 AM

966 posts, read 1,609,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
How did this thread become all about Dallas?
Someone mentioned Dallas as a potential candidate, me and some other posters stated our reasons for why we didn't think it would be a good city to host it, and as usual, the Texas posters got their feelings hurt and came in to defend their fair city.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:36 AM

24,683 posts, read 45,403,340 times
Personally Chicago seems most ripe for it. It probably needs something like this to boost it's international appeal. Atlanta had it in 1996, so I think the South has had it's turn for awhile. The Midwest has never hosted the games since St. Louis in 1904. Although it's interesting only three cities have ever even hosted the games: St. Louis in 1904, Los Angeles in 1932, Los Angeles in 1984 and Atlanta in 1996! The East has never hosted it so maybe New York. For a city of it's stature it's unusual it never hosts such huge events as an Olympics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or