U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2009, 09:25 AM

3 posts, read 2,949 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I want to move to the South, but I am very unsure of where I want to move. I either want to move to North Carolina or Georgia. I do have a 4 year old son, it's just him and I. I have a B.S. in Criminal Justice and I want to work in law, social services, or any criminal justice field except for being a police officer. Right now I don't mind renting an apartment although I do want to buy a house.

Can someone please give me some advice on good places to move, based on the information provided above?

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 09:29 AM
NCN

21,135 posts, read 21,886,305 times
I am just wondering why you skipped South Carolina. Maybe all Southerners should move there to preserve our culture. North Carolina has just about stopped being Southern and is now the tax everything as much as you can state.

Old 11-13-2009, 10:49 AM

No reason, I've never been to South Carolina, but it's not out of the question. Are you from S.C.? Where would you suggest to move to in S.C.? I am very open minded!!!

Old 11-13-2009, 11:54 AM

8,190 posts, read 12,329,638 times
I'd recommend the major urban areas of the Carolinas and Georgia. Of course, I'd advise you to lock down a job first before moving. In NC, you've got Charlotte, the Triangle area (Raleigh/Durham), and the Triad area (Greensboro/Winston-Salem). In SC, you've got Columbia, Greenville, and Charleston. For Georgia, you've got Atlanta, Augusta, and Savannah. What exactly are you looking for in a place to live? Do you prefer an urban location, or something more on the suburban side? Type of amenities? Parks? Schools? Any preference in terms of size concerning the city/metro area you'd like to live in?

Old 11-13-2009, 12:26 PM

Hi, when it comes to a place to live, I am looking for either a house or apartment. IF an apartment it needs to be at least 2 bedrooms, full bath, living room, dining room, and a spacious kitchen. The kitchen and dining area can be combined. If I buy a house I would like 3 bedrooms(minimum) 1.5+ bathrooms, kitchen, dining room, living room and a full basement(preferably finished). I am flexible on amenities!! I prefer suburban if it's close to an urban area, I am also open to urban, if there are good schools in the area. I would like to send my son to a public school, I pay for school now and it's costly but it's worth what I pay. Parks and playgrounds close by are a huge need, my son loves the outdoors and I want him to have a place to go where we don't have to drive for an hour. The size of the city/metro area doesn't make a difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or