U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 09:53 PM

2,317 posts, read 6,891,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
Very interesting, and bears relevance to this thread:

FrontPage Magazine - What Islam Isn't (http://97.74.65.51/readArticle.aspx?ARTID=30675 - broken link)
Wow, that article is so far off base. I don't even know where to start...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 11:29 PM

8,090 posts, read 4,719,834 times
I feel like the world of today is a mere example to future generations of the foolishness of indifference and ignorance. At some point there will eventually be a breaking point, where people will finally stand up to Islam and what it wants to do in this world. But I fear it may be too late by then. People keep talking about "true" muslims being peaceful? You obviously know nothing about Islam. The true muslims are extremists. What most people believe are "true" muslims are actually the ones that don't follow the teachings of the Koran in full. They are people that interpret it by putting things in a false context to make their religion more palatable. The Koran implies that all non-believers should be forced to submit to islam and pay a jizyah tax. But the interpretation of "moderate" muslims is that this only implies during jihad, or it is just outdated and improper in this day and age.

The Christians don't have the same militancy in the new testament. But you could say modern day Christians don't exactly follow the bible anyway. We get divorced for more than just adultery, we work on sunday, we have pre-marital sex, and we seem to think homosexuality is normal?

But the underlying problem with Islam, is that in Islam the true muslims(the ones who adhere to the koran) want to put in place Sharia law across the entire world. That is the ultimate goal of Islam. And the West especially seems unwilling to realize that, nor do we want to do anything about it. I just can't imagine what the world will look like 100 years from now, its a scary thought.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 11-19-2009 at 11:40 PM..

Old 11-19-2009, 11:57 PM

4,628 posts, read 3,976,577 times
As long as they leave me alone I do not care what non-sense they belief in, and this is applied towards all "revealed" religions.

Old 11-20-2009, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
As long as they leave me alone I do not care what non-sense they belief in, and this is applied towards all "revealed" religions.
Honestly, in our lifetimes we probably won't notice. There will be certain parts of certain cities that most people will want to avoid. There will be a constant expanding growth of muslims in this country. They will slowly start controlling the politics of certain cities. But it will be so far in the future that most people just don't see it as a problem, it doesn't affect them. I guess what I worry about is our grandchildren, what will their lives be like? I feel like the values this country once stood for will be a distant memory. Thats if this country even stays together till then. The only thing keeping it together right now is wealth. If this recession was much worse and stayed that way. I would be surprised if there wasn't a split.

Old 11-20-2009, 12:33 AM

17 posts, read 86,099 times
its europe that really needs to be worried about islam. i can't see muslims taking over the US, especially since the mexicans are doing such a good job at it

Old 11-20-2009, 06:52 AM

56,182 posts, read 54,646,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
Thanks. I was worried it sounded condescending or snotty. If some do think it sounds that way, apologies. I can get a bit professorial at times. To the others, glad you liked it.
Not at all. Good information, which I appreciate.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:01 AM

56,182 posts, read 54,646,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmBch View Post
did you guys forgot about 9/11? The armenian/greek/assyrian genocide that they killed over 1 million people!
I got out of the WTC on 9/11. So did my Muslim coworkers. I had a conversation with one of them a few years after--on the night of 9/11 he and a couple of other Muslims who had escaped went out to confront the Palestinian community in Paterson, which was celebrating. The cops put them in the police car and drove them a few blocks away and told them they were just trying to keep the celebrations contained and quiet to avoid a vigilante incident from the outlying towns and asked them to please just go home.

His faith was shaken enough by that day that he avoided going to mosque for quite a while. Since then, he has married and had children, and I think he is back to practicing his faith.

It's ironic that a place where people from all over the world worked together and got along fine--even appreciated and celebrated one another's differences and probably was one of the most diverse workplaces in the world--was the target of a crime by people who hate everyone who isn't like them.

It's also pretty interesting that most survivors of the attacks on the WTC are not anti-Muslim. I say "most" because I assume there are some who are, but I don't know anyone like that.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:05 AM

13,403 posts, read 21,215,773 times
If you argue that Islam is a violent religion, you could argue the same for Christianity. Christianity also has a very bloody history. You can use the bible to justify anything from rape, to pedophilia, to murder. However, that is from the old testiment. True Christians recognize that Jesus came so that this stuff wouldnt happen any more. Yet people still use the bible to justify whatever. The same happens in the Koran.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
If you argue that Islam is a violent religion, you could argue the same for Christianity. Christianity also has a very bloody history. You can use the bible to justify anything from rape, to pedophilia, to murder. However, that is from the old testiment. True Christians recognize that Jesus came so that this stuff wouldnt happen any more. Yet people still use the bible to justify whatever. The same happens in the Koran.
I am sorry but you obviously know nothing about Islam or Christianity. There is absolutely no break in Islam to seperate itself from any of the teachings of the Koran. There is no messiah like there is in Christianity that came down to repeal old laws. There is Sharia law that is clearly written in the Koran. The Extremists are true muslims.

In Christianity we use the Jewish bible(the old testament) as part of our bible. But the New testament is Christianity. Those are the teachings of Christ himself and his followers, and if you are a Christian and not a Jew, then you know the New Testament has priority over the old testament.

If you want to make a comparison of Christianity vs Islam, you should read about stoning.

Stoning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are six muslim countries today where one of the punishments for certain crimes is still being stoned to death. Do you not see why Christians and Muslims are different? Do you not see why there is a problem with Islam? It is not the peaceful religion people try to shove down your throat.

Old 11-20-2009, 11:31 AM

9 posts, read 23,342 times
The majority of the muslim population in this world has existed for ever! Even before 911! It is just that most Americans are not educated enough or cared enough to know this. People in America ( and I am American) are so hysterical. America consists of all these "Church" and "Hate Machine" church states. Most people in this country who call themselves Christians are scary. How can you go to a church with a congregation of 30,000 and not think it is a cult? Anyway, educate yourselves people! Travel outside of your country, meet your brown, yellow, black or red neighbors, read a book, and stop being alarmists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or