U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2009, 11:32 PM

16 posts, read 28,284 times

Advertisements

I currenty live in a small town in northern Iowa and hate it! It's freezing and there's nothing to do! I am looking to move, just not sure where! Here's my "wish list":

*Good climate (mild winters - a little snow is ok, but not -30 below windchill, and no extreme heat/humidity)
*Smallish/Medium-sized town/suburb, with a larger city near-by
*Lots to do -outdoor activities, shopping, family activities
*Safe
*Great school system
*Beach and/or mountains would be a definite plus!
*Reasonable cost of living
*Health conscious (vegetarian and healthy restaurants and coops)

Any ideas or suggestions would be so greatly appreciated! Kinda hard to know where would be a good place to move sitting on my computer! Looking for general areas of states or specific cities.

My friend that would be moving with me could transfer to one ot the following areas, so that would be a plus, but not mandatory (withing 30 or 40 mins)

*Aliquippa, PA
*Bridgeport, AL
*Empire, NV
*Galena Park, TX

*New Orleans, LA
*Sigurd, UT
*Sweetwater, TX
*Baltimore, MD
Norfolk, VA
*Rainier, OR
*Empire, NV

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 04:58 AM

9 posts, read 23,009 times
i think Sweetwater, TX

Old 11-18-2009, 05:33 AM

21,218 posts, read 30,435,315 times
Given your criteria, I'd recommend the Baltimore, Maryland area.

Mild four season climate with manageable winters, not extreme heat/humidity, plenty of nice, safe towns just outside of the city, tons of entertainment options and activities, good schools, 2 hour drive to the beach or mountains, a reasonable cost of living for the quality of life and plenty of vegetarian options with restaurants, coops and farmer's markets, etc.

Check out Owings Mills, Severna Park, Lutherville/Timonium and Towson.

You might like the location of Severna Park the most, south and east of Baltimore close to the beautiful Chesapeake Bay.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:58 AM

139 posts, read 407,427 times
The suburbs of Houston would fit your needs, and Galena Park is a Houston suburb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or