Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2007, 07:50 AM

823 posts, read 3,688,304 times

Advertisements

Caution,

I agree about there being nice things to see there and beautiful women to see them with but what were you able to do in Haiti? The only fun thing I ever did there was get on a plane out.

Norm

Old 05-14-2007, 08:03 AM

1,763 posts, read 7,332,693 times
We rented donkeys and climbed up to an old monestary/fortress. It looked like something out of Raiders of the Lost Arc I suppose. This was before the overthrow, late 80s. The other time I went back it was all business, lol. I think the most fun we had was watching the kids dive for coins.

One thing is for sure, and this is on topic, people who've spent time in developing countries know that even the "worst" US city is heaven in comparison.

Old 05-14-2007, 11:41 AM

1,930 posts, read 10,171,306 times
wow! I couldnt go through everyones answers because it would take all day! lol.. and from what I have read so far I dont know if I should reall even say anything but.. I would have to say Palm Coast, FL is a horrible place to live!.. Some people like it but my husband and I and most people I have talked to HATE it!.. Palm Coast wasnt a city untill 1999! Currently, the "City" of Palm Coast has a population of 60,000 residents and covers an area of approximately 60 square miles... There is NOTHING here and there is sooo much traffic! This city is so small and yet you cant even get a few miles down the road in under 30-40mins! There are no sidewalks, most peoples homes and yards look abandoned! The way the roads are set up is HORRIBLE! and even worse is the way the neighborhoods are set up! If you want to live in a home bigger than 3 or 4 bedrooms thats in a somewhat clean, well kept neighborhood you have to get a crazy expensive home on the beach! There is no where to work here! You have to either drive to daytona, orlando, st. augustine, or jacksonville for anything and everything! I HATE it here and cant wait to get out!... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palm_Coast,_Florida (and this website makes it sound good!)

Old 05-14-2007, 12:47 PM

2,441 posts, read 7,006,914 times
Battle Mountain, Nevada was rated by the Washington Post magazine as being the crappiest town in the entire country. There are no restaurants, the closest Wal-Mart is 52 miles away, prostitution is the major industry, and it's in the middle of nowhere.

Old 05-18-2007, 08:42 PM

252 posts, read 710,016 times
I vote for Memphis, TN. What a trashy city - trash on the side of the streets. Doesn't anybody have any civic pride?

Old 05-19-2007, 06:41 AM

14 posts, read 78,215 times
Default I sadly agree.

[quote=ChampWSox05;148433]Sorry, I forgot something. I would have to say the entire south suburbs of Chicago including part of the South Side (not all of it) and most of NW Indiana, not just Gary. There are lots of towns that I could talk about: Harvey, IL; Calumet City, IL; Blue Island, IL; Chicago Heights, IL; Ford Heights, IL (supposedly the poorest town in the country); Markham, IL; Robbins, IL; Phoenix, IL; Dolton, IL; South Holland, IL; Park Forest, IL; Whiting, IN; East Chicago, IN; Hammond, IN.

]The saddest part is I grew up in Park Forest. It was All American city twice back then. One of the best towns to live in in the 70's now it's a horrible scary place. It's the people that make the difference. It was culturally diverse and full of smart and interesting people. Now many who live there moved from Chicago and brought their gang lifestyle with them. This town had no murders for it's first 20 years now it can have 2 a week. Had to move my elderly parents out who had lived there for 50 years, too afraid they would become victims of some scumbag wanting to mug them for their next drug fix. The key to it all is never live within 2 hrs. of a major city. They will take over your lovely town and turn it into a pit of despair.:

Old 05-19-2007, 07:46 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,609,683 times
There are so many,but since we almost had to move there, I thought Chatlotte was awful--brown lakes,traffic everywhere,flat and hot,no character,subdivision on top of strip mall YUCK

Old 05-19-2007, 07:48 AM

I thought this was a new post,,but its the oldie ressurected and still going strong,,,,,,I still dont like CHarlotte

Old 05-19-2007, 01:34 PM

diane faith you are so right about those Chicago south suburbs,,really depressing

Old 05-20-2007, 05:43 PM

38,867 posts, read 22,854,503 times
Thumbs down Barstow and little desert towns

I already saw a couple of postings making Barstow, CA one of the crummiest towns in America, and I agree.

I would also like to mention that any of the towns around the Salton Sea in the southeastern California desert would be prime candidates, such as Bombay Beach and Niland. The southern section of the San Andreas fault runs through there, and Mother Nature would do the state of California a favor by rupturing the fault at that point, draining the Salton Sea and taking all the little trashy towns surrounding it in one fell swoop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.