Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 01:29 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,138,384 times

Advertisements

I went to a hot dog place in Johnstown and was freaked out by a strange woman at the counter. She gave me a weird look like I was an Alien or something.

Old 08-02-2006, 08:13 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,696,569 times
Worst place in the US....obviously L.A.

Crime
Homes prices
Smog
Traffic
etc etc

Fresno- 3
L.A.- 3
Philly- 2

Various others

Old 08-02-2006, 10:17 PM

21 posts, read 70,109 times
Default Crummiest...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi
magpies,
You have the best post at this forum. Great question!!!
Don
Way too many places to list. But AZ certainly ranks right up there. They have lost all sense of wildlife and preservation here...money talks and it also plays golf. That is where all the grass is while the rest of us conserve water. The coyotes (animal kind..not hockey players) have all but disapeared, lizards are nearly gone, vultures (real ones ) are few and far between..need I go on? Oh we have an overabundance of walMart, WalGreens, Osco, Home Deopt, and Lowes. In one part of Mesa there is a Walgreens, an Osco and a WaLMart pharmacy on opposing corners! Guess they figure we will all be pretty sick soon. We're heading out..house almost ready to sell, just waiting for the market to change. My greatest fear...I will grow old here!

Old 08-04-2006, 11:41 AM

246 posts, read 329,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wriiter-m
They have lost all sense of wildlife and preservation here...money talks and it also plays golf.
...money talks and it also plays golf. What a gem! Can I use that one sometime?

Magpies

Old 08-05-2006, 09:35 PM

622 posts, read 2,709,280 times
I can't believe this! No one is saying Detroit! I live in Detroit right now and I HATE it! It is the ashtray of America!

It is WORSE than L.A. because at least L.A. has SOMETHING. L.A. has movie stars, rich people, real estate, money. Detroit is just a ghost town of crackheads and abandoned buildings. It was a big deal when a Hard Rock Cafe opened up here. A BIG DEAL. The crime rate is horrible. Everyone is a racist jerk- whether you are black and live on the south side of 8 mile or white and live in the suburbs on the north side of eight mile. Everyone looks out for their own interests and steps on each other. People think they are living large because they drive an old rusted BMW.

This place is a hell hole and I dont know why I ever decided to colme to school here. Anywhere in America has got to be better than this!

Old 08-07-2006, 11:19 AM

262 posts, read 2,022,045 times
I mentioned Detroit!!! Though I hear Farmington Hills is pretty decent.

Old 08-09-2006, 02:39 PM

622 posts, read 2,709,280 times
(yes, i see now that detroit was in fact mentioned)

farmington hills is nice if you are into rich suburb dwellings. but i would never live there. people say the suburbs are nice and yes, they are clean and have a good economy and safe but they are also so culture-less and boring and snooty- SO snooty around here!

i would much rather live in Ferndale. now there is an eclectic community. just north of detroit. but OK i digress... sorry, carry on!

Old 08-10-2006, 04:26 AM

6,191 posts, read 18,156,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariatherese

farmington hills is nice if you are into rich suburb dwellings. but i would never live there. people say the suburbs are nice and yes, they are clean and have a good economy and safe but they are also so culture-less and boring and snooty- SO snooty around here!

i would much rather live in Ferndale. now there is an eclectic community. just north of detroit. but OK i digress... sorry, carry on!

I agree with you about the suburbs all around here. I currently live in Flint, enough said!
Royal Oak is nice too.

Old 08-10-2006, 02:12 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,392,665 times
The crummiest town I've ever been to was Amarillo, Texas. If New Jersey is thought to be the armpit of America, well then, Amarillo is America's infected wart.

Old 08-10-2006, 02:25 PM

954 posts, read 4,377,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariatherese

That's OK-My family grew up in Wayne/Westland area. Blue collar/Auto industry kind of place. My niece married a lawyer. So, they moved their family to Farmington Hills and my sister and bro-in-law followed. All of a sudden they are all about Tennis and property values etc....It is a different world in which they now live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.