U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 11:53 AM

1,118 posts, read 4,376,043 times

Advertisements

I was nothing less than shocked to see a sign that read "Beware of Aggressive Drivers" during my last visit to the Philly suburbs. I have never seen a sign like that before, but I guess they have an issue now.

Philly drivers can be aggressive, and I know that New York drivers are. We drive through N. Jersey/New York on the way to Vermont, and there is a stretch of highway that you cannot be distracted because of the way people drive. The road rage rating does not surprise me - it gets intense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2007, 12:12 PM

3,574 posts, read 13,115,201 times
Somehow, Charlotte Metro was left off the list.... I've seen drivers pounding their steering wheels when doing the I77 commute

Old 05-16-2007, 03:01 PM

149 posts, read 561,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adream View Post
I was nothing less than shocked to see a sign that read "Beware of Aggressive Drivers" during my last visit to the Philly suburbs. I have never seen a sign like that before, but I guess they have an issue now.
I saw the same sign in the Pittsburgh area when I was home last! Maybe it's something that PA is doing?

Also, I read the way they actually made this list. They have been comparing JUST these 25 cities...

Old 05-16-2007, 03:05 PM

108 posts, read 463,320 times
Charleston should be up there for it's lack of ways to cross over all those damn rivers...

Old 05-16-2007, 06:47 PM

653 posts, read 3,132,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
I'd rather walk, well almost, than ride in a taxi in Vegas. But then I run the risk of being on of those people that almost gets hit by the overly aggresive taxi drivers. OMYGOSH, they scare the crap out of me. They literally almost hit people all the time w/o even so much as slowing down even when the pedestrians have the right of way.

Miami deserves to be on that list. Complete idiots driving there. LA is kind of crazy as is Sacramento. I've yet to be in any California city that did not have horrible drivers.
VEGAS taxi drivers do not have a good reputation. They are some of the WORST drivers here in the valley. Vegas also has a serious problem with vehicle/pedestrian strikes. Fast, aggresive drivers, coupled with wandering tourists-not a good mix. And I TOO, have yet to find a California City that has decent drivers.

Old 05-16-2007, 08:10 PM

134 posts, read 508,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SueJ999 View Post
I saw the same sign in the Pittsburgh area when I was home last! Maybe it's something that PA is doing?

Also, I read the way they actually made this list. They have been comparing JUST these 25 cities...
These can now be found all across PA, there are many others such as "Targeted DUI Area".

Old 05-17-2007, 12:19 PM

5,858 posts, read 14,044,713 times
"I was nothing less than shocked to see a sign that read "Beware of Aggressive Drivers" during my last visit to the Philly suburbs"

Can't quite put my finger on it, but there is something disturbing about this. It' s like the state is saying, "We can't do anything about this, so watch out. It may be a public highway, but you are on your own." Kind of like a "Watch for falling rocks" sign, only aggressive divers are not a force of nature, they are a societal disfunction.

Old 05-18-2007, 07:37 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,901,869 times
Quote:
This survey was just done and the results are in. The following is the list of the top 25 cities for the worst road rage.

1. Miami
2. New York
3. Boston
4. Los Angeles
5. Washington, D.C.
6. Phoenix
7. Chicago
8. Sacramento, Calif.
9. Philadelphia
10. San Francisco
11. Houston
12. Atlanta
13. Detroit
14. Minneapolis-St. Paul
15. Baltimore
16. Tampa, Fla.
17. San Diego
18. Cincinnati
19. Cleveland
20. Denver
21. Dallas-Ft. Worth
22. St. Louis
23. Seattle-Tacoma
24. Pittsburgh
25. Portland, Ore.

As for the most courteous drivers:
The most courteous drivers can be found in Portland, Ore.; Pittsburgh; the Seattle-Tacoma area; St. Louis; and Dallas-Fort Worth, the survey found.

WOO-HOO, my fair city made the most courteous list.

i agree, St. Louis drivers are very courteous, although you have to keep a watchful eye for the occasional *******, was just changing lanes on I-44 today and out of nowhere this SUV screams past me less than a few inches from me not slowing down one bit. Chicago drivers tend to be jerks. THe taxis rush through the fully congested streets at 50 mph and nobody lets you in. Cleveland's drivers are pretty courteous actually too, never had a problem changing lanes there. I dunno...the taxis generally are what stereotype Chicago as unfriendly and i'm sure people would agree. You'd have to mess up at life or have an agenda I would think to really be wreckless and unwilling to let people in. I've noticed in St. Louis, and this is just an observation, nobody get offended, I've lived here for 20 years, that generally from my experience, and I could be wrong, no offense again please everyone, that blacks here tend to drive wrecklessly and often drive in the left lane of the interstate well under or over the speed limit and refuse to change lanes to let you get past or let you in. i've also seen (all races now) here that you will also get many people who just blow by you like the cops are after them at 80 miles an hour changing lanes back and forth and cutting in front of people carelessly. So basically, don't believe the stereotypes about any city as far as driving goes. Honestly to me the unfriendly drivers tend to be younger people with the need for speed or adults with an agenda. Thank god no tractor-trailer drivers I've encountered yet are like that...that would be a nightmare.

Old 05-22-2007, 04:42 AM

25 posts, read 79,598 times
Quote:
This survey was just done and the results are in. The following is the list of the top 25 cities for the worst road rage.

1. Miami
2. New York
3. Boston
4. Los Angeles
5. Washington, D.C.
6. Phoenix
7. Chicago
8. Sacramento, Calif.
9. Philadelphia
10. San Francisco
11. Houston
12. Atlanta
13. Detroit
14. Minneapolis-St. Paul
15. Baltimore
16. Tampa, Fla.
17. San Diego
18. Cincinnati
19. Cleveland
20. Denver
21. Dallas-Ft. Worth
22. St. Louis
23. Seattle-Tacoma
24. Pittsburgh
25. Portland, Ore.

As for the most courteous drivers:
The most courteous drivers can be found in Portland, Ore.; Pittsburgh; the Seattle-Tacoma area; St. Louis; and Dallas-Fort Worth, the survey found.

WOO-HOO, my fair city made the most courteous list.
How do they compile this?! Dallas scares the living hell out of me every time I drive there. But regardless, I've vowed to NEVER drive in DC again for as long as I live. Next time I have to go there, I'm flying in, and taking cabs everywhere. I've never ever experienced such rude rude rude drivers in my life. When travelling south it actually seems to get worse in suburban Virginia and people start "driving nicely" around Roanoke or Christiansburg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or