Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 07:51 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,869,842 times

Advertisements

This survey was just done and the results are in. The following is the list of the top 25 cities for the worst road rage.

1. Miami
2. New York
3. Boston
4. Los Angeles
5. Washington, D.C.
6. Phoenix
7. Chicago
8. Sacramento, Calif.
9. Philadelphia
10. San Francisco
11. Houston
12. Atlanta
13. Detroit
14. Minneapolis-St. Paul
15. Baltimore
16. Tampa, Fla.
17. San Diego
18. Cincinnati
19. Cleveland
20. Denver
21. Dallas-Ft. Worth
22. St. Louis
23. Seattle-Tacoma
24. Pittsburgh
25. Portland, Ore.

As for the most courteous drivers:
The most courteous drivers can be found in Portland, Ore.; Pittsburgh; the Seattle-Tacoma area; St. Louis; and Dallas-Fort Worth, the survey found.

WOO-HOO, my fair city made the most courteous list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2007, 08:00 AM

26 posts, read 156,898 times
uhm in your view the top 20 are road rage and the next 5 are most courteous?

btw, who did this and how did they do it?

and, how many cities were surveyed just the 25 or was there all the biggesst cities?

Las Vegas and Salt Lake City Memphis Nashville Kansas City just off the top of my head should be a part of this survey so if not on this list does this mean they are more courteous?

Just wondering why the bottom 5 of the top 25 road rage in your view are most courteous?

BTw, road rage means what exactly to the ppl who did this survey cause I know for a fact while we think Los Angelos drivers are crazy drivers they actually have been life skilled to drive that way due to their infrastructure and they actually know how to drive much better than most of us.

Last edited by druth8x; 05-15-2007 at 08:03 AM.. Reason: forgot to mention something

Old 05-15-2007, 08:30 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times
Im just curious how they can scientifically create a survey like this. LOL How on earth do they compile data? Based on tickets? Police reports? How?

Old 05-15-2007, 08:33 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,869,842 times
Here is a link to the story and was done by a group called autovantage:

http://www.affiniongroupmedia.com/releases/autovantage/Road_Rage_07/National.htm# (broken link)

Old 05-15-2007, 09:23 AM

26 posts, read 156,898 times
Well, reading 1/4 of it it looks as if besides the fact it was only 160 approx residents and only a few minutes time the questions looked extensive thought out and should really get a good guage.

I personally think they should do 100+ cities aka 100K+ ppl city and survey more like 1000 ppl 160 is too small IMO and 25 cities is to small as well.

Also, I didnt see them mention any other factor than opinions were factored in....I think they should factor in facts as well.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:28 AM

694 posts, read 2,651,580 times
Speaking from personal experience.
Chicago: had a middle eastern guy spit on my car,
flipped off by an eastern european guy, rear ended by
two latinos and flashed by a middle age overweight woman.

(and yeah I can drive, and I don't do horns)

No issues with San Diego, San Fransisco , Seattle, Phoenix, Denver,
St. Louis or L.A.

( Of course major traffic but nothing confrontational.)

Some of the other cities in the west and mid-west I drove
thru without issue.

As far as Portlanders being courteous.. eh maybe.. though there seems
to be a lot of drunk driving reported.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:30 AM

6,613 posts, read 16,579,554 times
My fair cities (Mpls/St Paul) slipped from most courteous (#25) to 14th since last year. Those who drive here would have no reason to not believe this!

Old 05-15-2007, 11:35 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
I thought road rage started in Denver; people packing a "piece" and shooting at others on the freeways, etc. In any event, I haven't been the victim of any actual road rage here, but the drivers are rude and fast!

Mpls/St.Paul is just too fast; it's hard when you don't really know where you are going. Chicago is no worse than Mpls, IMO.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:37 AM

217 posts, read 845,193 times
Doesn't surprise me. I haven't been to most of the big cities, but when I was in Chicago I was totally annoyed by the fact that people sit on their horns in a traffic jam...it's not doing any good and it's annoying. I decided then that I could work in a city like that if I had to (which I probably will to do editing), but that I would not enjoy living in one, especially one like NY where the traffic, etc. are worse.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:49 AM

6,613 posts, read 16,579,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixxphyre View Post
Doesn't surprise me. I haven't been to most of the big cities, but when I was in Chicago I was totally annoyed by the fact that people sit on their horns in a traffic jam...it's not doing any good and it's annoying. I decided then that I could work in a city like that if I had to (which I probably will to do editing), but that I would not enjoy living in one, especially one like NY where the traffic, etc. are worse.
Yeah, I get a kick out of Chicago motorists, they LOVE their horns! I've had the same experience, sitting still on a backed-up expressway where no one could see what the obstruction was. Still, they blared their horns! I'm normally quite judicious with my horn, but for some reason I felt compelled to join them. It was so stupid it felt good. When in Rome...

Last edited by Ben Around; 05-15-2007 at 11:50 AM.. Reason: sp
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.