Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2008, 01:42 PM

28,896 posts, read 53,969,898 times

Advertisements

Okay. My Yellow Pages arrived today...and went straight into the recycling bin.

Why? Because with an iPhone and Internet, I can pretty much look up everything I need.

What's more, I am in marketing, and i counsel my clients to not buy display ads in the Yellow Pages. The price keeps going up and the usage keeps going down.

However, I could be wrong. What are your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 06:15 PM

1,576 posts, read 6,330,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Okay. My Yellow Pages arrived today...and went straight into the recycling bin.

Why? Because with an iPhone and Internet, I can pretty much look up everything I need.

What's more, I am in marketing, and i counsel my clients to not buy display ads in the Yellow Pages. The price keeps going up and the usage keeps going down.

However, I could be wrong. What are your thoughts?
I never gave it much thought, but I can probably count on one hand the amount of times I have used the yellow pages in the past five years. The internet is so much easier nowadays. Despite the fact I don't use them, I always stick the new yellow pages in the utility closet where it collects dust all year long. Now that I think about it, I may start doing what you do and putting it right into the recycling bin.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:03 PM

2,507 posts, read 8,535,651 times
Why would you throw the Yellow Pages out? In an emergency, you may find that regretable.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:26 AM

3,131 posts, read 9,341,141 times
I pitch it out as soon as it gets here and the same with the white pages.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:06 AM

4,180 posts, read 14,551,101 times
I haven't used it in years. But I keep a current one in the drawer--just in case.

Old 11-26-2009, 04:01 PM

56 posts, read 84,279 times
Default Las Vegas yellow pages

If you revue the Adult Entertainment section of the phone book Yellow Pages as I have you may come to some opinions. These are mine. In excess of 200 full page adds that probably promote prostitution.

1. The laws in regards to prostitution are not being enforced.
2. The police department may likely be corrupt.
3. Las Vegas is not concerned with public health.
4. With 33 million visitors Las Vegas is losing an opportunity to tax
million.
5. No other town in the world has this large an Adult entertainment
(prostitution) section in thier phone book.
6. MONEY RUNS VEGAS.
7. Religous leaders have little cloat.
8. What goes on in Vegas doesn't stay in Vegas. Like sexual transmitted disease.

[+] Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.