Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 02:58 AM

3,131 posts, read 9,374,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Thanks for keeping them straight
Keeping who straight on what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 01:34 PM

81 posts, read 230,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
some of the safest big cities in the US also have no white majority, such as:

San Jose (32% white)
Honolulu (21% white)
El Paso (15% white)
New York (44% white)
San Diego (48% white)
San Antonio (29% white)
And most of those cities have a large hispanic population versus a black one.

BTW, I'm not hispanic.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:46 PM

1,084 posts, read 3,869,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomahawk72 View Post

BTW, I'm not hispanic.

believe it or not, miami is pretty safe, most of the crime happens in the black community, which is about 15% of the population.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:38 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodymiami View Post
believe it or not, miami is pretty safe, most of the crime happens in the black community, which is about 15% of the population.
And the persons most affected by Blacks who committ crimes are more often than not Black as well. The way I look at it. We can't look at the criminals without ignoring the victims of crime.

Old 04-18-2010, 08:04 PM

80 posts, read 198,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomahawk72 View Post

BTW, I'm not hispanic.
Did you automatically assume that post was directed towards blacks. I dont recall anyone saying that those areas were like that cause of blacks. All they said was they weren't primarily white.

Old 04-18-2010, 08:23 PM

2,419 posts, read 4,724,132 times
I'm black, and I can admit that some (a higher percentage than any other race) black folks just don't know how to act. We don't have to be all PC about the truth.

Camden #1, no surprise, and they just had a big police corruption scandal that may result in the throwing out of over 200 cases, many of which are felony cases.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:28 PM

325 posts, read 1,077,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
I'm black, and I can admit that some (a higher percentage than any other race) black folks just don't know how to act. We don't have to be all PC about the truth.

Camden #1, no surprise, and they just had a big police corruption scandal that may result in the throwing out of over 200 cases, many of which are felony cases.
Im black also and I TA....black folks just dont know how to act and while we often scream that we are being sterotyped it seems that it is often warranted. Im living in a Pittsburgh suburb that is predominatly white trying to raise my son away from all the nonsense that goes on in the inner city. While Pittsburgh is overall a pretty decent place to live most of the crime occurs in the highly populated african american communities.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:41 PM

2,419 posts, read 4,724,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspolamalu View Post
Im black also and I TA....black folks just dont know how to act and while we often scream that we are being sterotyped it seems that it is often warranted. Im living in a Pittsburgh suburb that is predominatly white trying to raise my son away from all the nonsense that goes on in the inner city. While Pittsburgh is overall a pretty decent place to live most of the crime occurs in the highly populated african american communities.
As with anywhere; It's a damn shame. I just now got away from 'em.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:43 AM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspolamalu View Post
Here is something else that I notice. Most Black people DO NOT commit crimes. Most of the crime is committed by a small part of the population. With that said, much of the crime committed by Blacks is concentrated very high in predominantly Black areas. There can be safe, predominantly Black areas. I should know this because I am doing a project about crime in Atlanta. There are areas in Atlanta that are predominantly African-American and have low crime rates. Then again, many middle-class and affluent African-Americans have concentrated themselves in a few areas of the city. Same with Los Angeles with View Park-Windsor Hills, Ladera Park and Baldwin Village. Predominantly Black areas that are very affluent. They are out there. I don't know what goes on in PGH when it comes to middle-class African-Americans.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:01 AM

3,070 posts, read 11,923,957 times
Cleveland is no surprise, unfortunately.

Youngstown won't be on these lists anymore because it's dropped below 75,000 people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.