U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-28-2009, 09:22 AM
 
6,046 posts, read 10,049,469 times
Reputation: 2334

Advertisements

I do. Even if I like a place, I can't see myself ever living somewhere for more than a few years because there are so many places I'd like to live.

I figured city data would attract a lot of people with wanderlust.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-28-2009, 09:32 AM
 
Location: West Coast
1,303 posts, read 3,598,037 times
Reputation: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
I figured city data would attract a lot of people with wanderlust.
C-D attracts people with wander lust, definitely.

It also attracts homer's as well. lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2009, 09:44 AM
 
6,046 posts, read 10,049,469 times
Reputation: 2334
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdy1985 View Post
C-D attracts people with wander lust, definitely.

It also attracts homer's as well. lol.
Exactly. It seems like people either use CD to find out about other places they'd like to move or to brag about how good their home is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2009, 10:16 AM
 
Location: Long Island/NYC
11,334 posts, read 17,096,383 times
Reputation: 6075
Me too, there's so many warm places I'd love to live.

Fort Lauderdale/Miami
Los Angeles
San Diego
Orlando/Tampa
Phoenix
Las Vegas
Atlanta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2009, 10:21 AM
 
6,046 posts, read 10,049,469 times
Reputation: 2334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Me too, there's so many warm places I'd love to live.

Fort Lauderdale/Miami
Los Angeles
San Diego
Orlando/Tampa
Phoenix
Las Vegas
Atlanta
Is that it?

All those places sound nice and I'd like to live in all those places, but my list would be too long to post. I don't think I will get to live in every place on my list, but I'd like to live in as many as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2009, 10:30 AM
 
Location: Long Island/NYC
11,334 posts, read 17,096,383 times
Reputation: 6075
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Is that it?

All those places sound nice and I'd like to live in all those places, but my list would be too long to post. I don't think I will get to live in every place on my list, but I'd like to live in as many as possible.
Me too, I stopped listing places because the list would get too long lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2009, 11:21 AM
Status: "could've~would've~should've used 'have', not 'of'" (set 19 days ago)
 
Location: A Yankee in northeast TN
10,477 posts, read 14,316,428 times
Reputation: 23272
If I only lust in my heart oes it still count? Too many obligations and restrictions to do much traveling at this point of my life. Maybe later I'll get my chance to explore the places I haven't been yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2009, 12:55 PM
 
Location: roaming gnome
12,391 posts, read 24,565,147 times
Reputation: 5662
yes i'm trying to setup myself where i can spend about 4 months travelling (living exploring a diff city) a year... just did an initial setup of this this year and subleased an apartment in chicago for a month in august-september and enjoyed it very much...

I would like to do this in another city as well every year for a month, a month in fl with my parents in the winter and probably another month abroad. saves a lot on cost when u can just sublease an apt out. This is so easy to do these days with the advent of sites like craigslist. so basically 2 months here, 1 month on the road every season.

I could actually just stay with friends in quite a few cities.

a typical setup for me would be ... fl in december for holidays, nyc in march, chicago in june, london in september(right after the summer travel prices come down)

even the big cities get boring for me after awhile, i need to stay moving.

Last edited by grapico; 11-28-2009 at 01:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2009, 12:59 PM
 
Location: Concrete jungle where dreams are made of.
8,900 posts, read 13,238,552 times
Reputation: 1819
I'd love to live in Las Vegas for a couple years, but I'm pretty sure the heat and lack of rain would get old real quick. I almost moved there. If I had the choice, I'd live in like 4 different areas of the country for about 2 years at a time, and then come home to NY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2009, 01:21 PM
 
6,046 posts, read 10,049,469 times
Reputation: 2334
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
yes i'm trying to setup myself where i can spend about 4 months travelling (living exploring a diff city) a year... just did an initial setup of this this year and subleased an apartment in chicago for a month in august-september and enjoyed it very much...

I would like to do this in another city as well every year for a month, a month in fl with my parents in the winter and probably another month abroad. saves a lot on cost when u can just sublease an apt out. This is so easy to do these days with the advent of sites like craigslist. so basically 2 months here, 1 month on the road every season.

I could actually just stay with friends in quite a few cities.

a typical setup for me would be ... fl in december for holidays, nyc in march, chicago in june, london in september(right after the summer travel prices come down)

even the big cities get boring for me after awhile, i need to stay moving.
I have wanderlust but I must admit, I could never do that. I'd want to live in each place for at least an entire year. I feel that you need to live somewhere for a year to really experience it (plus that way you get to see what each season is like).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top