U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 06:57 PM

12,825 posts, read 20,154,879 times

Advertisements

SF: A "goth" who lives off of a trust fund and gets laser derm treatments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 07:12 PM

4,230 posts, read 9,139,273 times
She would be the most beautiful girl in the world. The perfect mixture of Caribbean, Spanish, & French with just the right pinch of Irish and Italian. She would be a hip, but with the right balance of new and old. She'll have her share of up and downs, but she'll always know how to make "nothin' outta somethin' and somethin' outta nothin'" She would be a paper chaser setting every block on fire, but she'd always find a reason and a time to celebrate. She would give birth to 3 kids who would grow to give the world each a different sound and dance, naming them Jazzy, Brassy, and Bouncy. Together they would show the world a way of life the was just right, but not perfect. Appreciative of flaws and all of the simplier things, with the charm of southern belle and the brashness of a Brooklynite. She'd be the sweetest girl in around, but a true hustler none the less.

Most people who met or saw her would never take the time to see her beauty, however. They would walk over, trash her, bury her name in debauchery and when they were done they'd throw her away. Those looking in from the outside would label her dirty, ugly, old or downright wierd because she chose to go against the grain and be her own person.

But would she care? No, because in her world everyday was one to celebrate for both good and bad. She would be La Nouvelle-Orléans de Louisianne.

She'd also have a younger, but much larger little sister by the name of Houston (but that's another story).

Last edited by WestbankNOLA; 12-07-2009 at 08:19 PM..

Old 12-07-2009, 07:26 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,152,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
She would be the most beautiful girl in the world. The perfect mixture of Caribbean, Spanish, & French with just the right pinch of Irish and Italian. She would be a hip, but with the right balance of new and old. She'll have her share of up and downs, but she'll always know how to make "nothin' outta somethin' and somethin' outta nothin'" She would be a paper chaser setting every block on fire, but she'd always find a reason and a time to celebrate. She would give birth to 3 kids who would grow to give the world each a different sound and dance, naming them Jazzy, Brassy, and Bouncy. Together they would show the world a way of life the was just right, but not perfect. Appreciative of flaws and all of the simplier things, with the charm of southern belle and the brashness of a Brooklynite.

Most people who met or saw her would never take the time to see her beauty, however. They would walk over, trash her, bury her name in debauchery and when they were done they'd throw her away. Those looking in from the outside would label her dirty, ugly, old or downright wierd because she chose to go against the grain and be her own person.

But would she care? No, because in her world everyday was one to celebrate for both good and bad. She would be La Nouvelle-Orléans de Louisianne.
This is a great post. Very poetic, not at all condescending or backhanded like the rest of the posts. I feel you dude, NO is one of a kind. There's 2 ways you can view the city. It's either one of the worst cities in the continental US, or it's the crown jewel of the Caribbean? I prefer to view it as the latter.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:32 PM

13,403 posts, read 21,212,304 times
Hmm...I grew up in LA and live in Dallas. They might not look that different.

For a Female: A Mexican with huge fake ****.
For a male: A gay Mexican dude.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:51 PM

6,971 posts, read 12,498,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backdrifter View Post
Portland, Oregon

A vegan freegan anarchist with dreads, second hand faded skinny jeans, a kerchief around the neck, and a beaten up back pack with patches, and possibly a dog, has bad tattoos, and lives on welfare and panhandled money.

Or...

A slightly overweight, slightly redneck suburban mother who drives a big old domestic truck, has bad tattoos, and got pregnant in high school, and lives on welfare.

The perfect description.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:41 PM

4,230 posts, read 9,139,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
This is a great post. Very poetic, not at all condescending or backhanded like the rest of the posts. I feel you dude, NO is one of a kind. There's 2 ways you can view the city. It's either one of the worst cities in the continental US, or it's the crown jewel of the Caribbean? I prefer to view it as the latter.
I prefer the latter as well.

Old 04-20-2010, 07:04 PM

43 posts, read 81,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Sharky View Post
NYC would look like Larry David, except hed be 100 feet tall like King Kong.
Thas so true ....as an ex-new yorker .. I can relate ... I'd even throw in Woody Allen ...

Old 04-20-2010, 07:36 PM

11,810 posts, read 18,819,735 times
Miami: It doesn't matter what sex the person is, he/she would be a overly sexy latin pop star who shows a lot of cleavage and has a very well developed chest.

Raleigh: A graduate student studying engineering who wears jeans and a variety of comfortable things that don't necessarily match ...but he/she doesn't really care.

Last edited by rnc2mbfl; 04-20-2010 at 07:47 PM..

Old 04-20-2010, 07:52 PM

2,414 posts, read 4,995,008 times
Tampa- an old Cuban man rolling cigars

Old 04-21-2010, 09:09 AM

968 posts, read 2,195,621 times
san antonio:

southside: the biggest guy in the mariachi playing the smallest guitar.

northeast side: "i work out too much because i used to be in the military but i got out cause it was cramping my style and moved here so i could meet military chicks and show off my big truck"

northwest side: a respectable intellgent military person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or