Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 09:20 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,784,320 times

Advertisements

Jersey would usually look like Joey Pantoleone's character Ralph Cifaretto from the Sopranos, day-to-day...Fast-talking with an accent, you're not sure what his ancestry is even though it seems Italian, and you can't tell whether he's in construction, sales, or what because he dresses spiffy but he's kinda crude.

When "cleaned up" NJ looks like Frank Sinatra - good-looking, charismatic, and draws you in, very popular and people forget he has anything to do with the popular (mis)conceptions of "New Jersey".

(BTW - both Joey Pants and Ol' Blue Eyes are Hoboken natives).

Last edited by BergenCountyJohnny; 04-21-2010 at 09:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 03:28 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,451,133 times
Boston would be...

Quiet, intelligent and hard working. An MBA who spends time crunching numbers in the back room for the investment firm he works at. Makes sure all the loose ends are taken care of while their big brother (NYC) talks on the phone about how successful they've become and takes credit for the work being done at the firm. For fun, they hang out with a few close friends and drink Irish Whiskey while big bro goes to the club and does blow off a stripper's nipples. Both wake up feeling equally as miserable.

or...

A dockworker/lobsterman. He's got at least one tattoo of at least one of the following: a shamrock, a leprechaun, an Irish flag, or a Red Sox "B". Dude is constantly loaded and possibly has a prescription drug problem. ALWAYS getting into fistfights with his bigger brother. They wake up battered and bruised and claim to hate each other but in the end they've always got each other's backs. Complains about the winter and how much the weather sucks, but wonders why the hell anyone would want to live anywhere else.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:43 PM

1,488 posts, read 2,611,212 times
killeen, tx:

a woman in her mid twenties but looks like shes in her 40's. has babies in high school, or soon after graduation. life's focus and ultimate goals are having a man to take care of her and the kids. lazy as hell, ungroomed, and obviously content with it. a soccer mom who thinks walmart is heaven sent, and "high fashion" and "upscale shopping" would be at the local dilliard's.

a man who has retired from the military and picks up a government contractor job. complains about his wife spending all the money, and after work, goes home to do absolutely nothing but fall asleep on the recliner with the TV watching him. talks about wanting to have a bigger and better life but never takes the initiative required to make that move.

i can't stand this place....

Old 04-22-2010, 09:08 AM

6,625 posts, read 14,451,133 times
That sounds like quite a depressing place haha

Old 04-22-2010, 09:12 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,892,470 times
South Paw Boxer in bad grey sweat pants
or
A partially balding grey-haired intellectual flying a kite

Philadelphia

Old 04-22-2010, 09:42 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,232,909 times
If my city was a person, he would look like this

Old 04-22-2010, 10:32 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,909,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taydev View Post
killeen, tx:

a woman in her mid twenties but looks like shes in her 40's. has babies in high school, or soon after graduation. life's focus and ultimate goals are having a man to take care of her and the kids. lazy as hell, ungroomed, and obviously content with it. a soccer mom who thinks walmart is heaven sent, and "high fashion" and "upscale shopping" would be at the local dilliard's.

a man who has retired from the military and picks up a government contractor job. complains about his wife spending all the money, and after work, goes home to do absolutely nothing but fall asleep on the recliner with the TV watching him. talks about wanting to have a bigger and better life but never takes the initiative required to make that move.

i can't stand this place....
I get the impression that you know these "people" very well..

Old 04-22-2010, 10:47 AM

1,488 posts, read 2,611,212 times
^Actually, I do. Unfortunately, it is a mix of some my family members, associates, co-workers, and some of the sloppy looking people I see around town. Not saying everyone here is like that but the majority of it seems so. Fortunately I have a job that keeps me travelling and I am a part time student soon to relocate after graduation!

Old 04-22-2010, 10:55 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,136,829 times
Phoenix:
He's a tanned guy of about 35 who drives a pickup because his dad did or because his friends do. He's unhappy with his job or he's unhappy that he might lose his job. He didn't go to college but wishes he had. He has a commute and it has taken its toll on his morale.
She's a mother with one or two kids. She smokes but drives with the windows up. Her job means nothing to her except that it pays for the kids. She and her husband can't get the house they want so they have to live 20 miles from where they work.

Scottsdale:
He's white and about 40, drives a new Acura because everybody else drives a BMW. His patio home has a pool in the back and looks like a garage with a window and a door when viewed from the street. His job is "very important" and he doesn't mind commuting, when he's not travelling elsewhere for business. His idea of a good time is to spend a summer week in San Diego and he chuckles at people who think river rafting is fun.
She drives a Mercedes and never uses a turn signal because she's too busy talking on the cellphone. Her kids have a nanny and they don't associate with the landscapers. There's always something wrong with an appliance or a design feature of her single-story house and there's always an appointment for repairs in her schedule. She'd like to sunbathe but worries about the aging affect of the sun's rays. She's proud of her Scottsdale address but secretly wishes she was back East somewhere where more people would notice her.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:56 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,148,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
san antonio:

southside: the biggest guy in the mariachi playing the smallest guitar.
This is my absolute favorite one so far!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.