U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 11:38 PM

7,909 posts, read 12,173,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
It depends on the breakdown of each group.
Oh I agree with you, and demographic wise both cities are pretty similar.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:14 AM

1,556 posts, read 3,163,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaGuy21 View Post
There is a long arguement that Atlanta is not Diverse in the entire metro. People seem too think that Atlanta is only black and white because we dont have chinatowns like the old northeastern citys and this is from people that dont even live day to day in Atlanta No we dont have those kinda things But does that make Atlanta not diverse??/ We have ethnic corridors here. I just want everyones opinion on this topic. I also found and article I want you guys to read and look at too concern diversity and ethnic areas in ATLANTA!!! THANKS

International Atlanta | Article from KNowAtlanta Magazine
You should have included a poll with this thread so that people can vote yes or no regarding whether or not Atlanta is diverse or not. This thread is turning into the same argument with the same people from the thread in the Atlanta forum! Nothing will be solved this way.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:33 AM

2,026 posts, read 3,676,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkBorn View Post
You should have included a poll with this thread so that people can vote yes or no regarding whether or not Atlanta is diverse or not. This thread is turning into the same argument with the same people from the thread in the Atlanta forum! Nothing will be solved this way.
Because a pole would solve everything.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpmeads View Post
Yeah it would, instead of this arguing back and forth let's have a poll!

Old 12-03-2009, 09:34 AM

186 posts, read 383,124 times
Quote:
It might, a pole would give us something to dance on.

Old 12-03-2009, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Yeah it would, instead of this arguing back and forth let's have a poll!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightiesfan View Post
It might, a pole would give us something to dance on.
Not really. A pole is just a random group of opinions (I would guess half the people who would vote have never been to Atlanta) and are usually left out of the arguments on C-D. I don't see how it would solve anything.

Old 12-03-2009, 09:50 AM

186 posts, read 383,124 times
Pole - n. A long, round object, usually made out of steel, aluminium or wood; ski pole, flagpole.

Poll - n. A collection of personal opinions on a specific subject used to calculate the popularity of something; an opinion poll.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:06 AM

^^^ haha! Oops! I think I started that. POLL is the word I was looking for.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:17 AM

Quote:
^^^ haha! Oops! I think I started that. POLL is the word I was looking for.
Thats what happens when people try to be nasty towards others.....they get tripped up in their own mistakes! Hilarious

Old 12-03-2009, 10:40 AM

2,133 posts, read 5,620,923 times
Quote:
Thats what happens when people try to be nasty towards others.....they get tripped up in their own mistakes! Hilarious
Poll or no poll, here's a population forecast recently performed by regional demographers from the Atlanta Regional Commission that highlights Atlanta's growing diveristy. By 2040, Hispanics are forecasted to comprise 20% of the metro's population with "Other" ethnicities comprising 9% of the population.

Atlanta Region Population Forecasts by Ethnicity (http://www.atlantaregional.com/documents/RS_June09_Forecast2040.pdf - broken link)

Furthermore, Georgia had the fastest growing Korean communities in the 90s and it's still one the fastest growing.

Georgia: Home to America’s Newest Koreatown

No--it's no NYC, but then again NYC is the largest city in the US and probably the most cosmopolitan city in the world next to London. However for a major Beta city, Atlanta holds its own in regards to diversity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.