U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 11:47 AM

1,555 posts, read 2,187,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
Poll or no poll, here's a population forecast recently performed by regional demographers from the Atlanta Regional Commission that highlights Atlanta's growing diveristy. By 2040, Hispanics are forecasted to comprise 20% of the metro's population with "Other" ethnicities comprising 9% of the population.

Atlanta Region Population Forecasts by Ethnicity (http://www.atlantaregional.com/documents/RS_June09_Forecast2040.pdf - broken link)

Furthermore, Georgia had the fastest growing Korean communities in the 90s and it's still one the fastest growing.

Georgia: Home to America’s Newest Koreatown

No--it's no NYC, but then again NYC is the largest city in the US and probably the most cosmopolitan city in the world next to London. However for a major Beta city, Atlanta holds its own in regards to diversity.
Okay so you want to discuss polls huh!

NYC is not next to London or any other city on this planet.......it is in a class by itself! So please stop with this insanity.....you are making Atlanta look bad!

Read the CNBC article regarding the Time Out Magazine survey on the World's Best City......start weeping

New York Beats London as 'World's Best City' - CNBC

Now I am finished with this thread and it's insanity!

Old 12-03-2009, 12:27 PM

2,026 posts, read 2,449,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkBorn View Post
Thats what happens when people try to be nasty towards others.....they get tripped up in their own mistakes! Hilarious
Jeez. You sure a sensitive for a New Yorker. I wasn't being nasty. I just said polls on CD don't prove anything and would nothing for the conversation.

I'm dyslexic by the way a**.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:36 PM

7,732 posts, read 7,321,890 times
Quote:

NYC is not next to London or any other city on this planet.......it is in a class by itself! So please stop with this insanity.....you are making Atlanta look bad!

Read the CNBC article regarding the Time Out Magazine survey on the World's Best City......start weeping

Good for CNBC. Who cares? Many, many, many people prefer London to New York, as do I.

You are making New York look bad.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:12 PM

2,133 posts, read 4,029,301 times
Quote:

I don't care. Good for you, I guess...

Old 12-03-2009, 02:49 PM

183 posts, read 74,115 times
Quote:

Dont get mad because people think London is alot better. Who cares what CBS, NBC,BET, MTV says London its better!!!!!

Old 12-03-2009, 03:31 PM

8,190 posts, read 6,445,726 times
Quote:

NYC and London are generally considered to be peer cities and are placed in the same category. From what I've seen, NYC usually ranks at the top in most categories with London second, but London tops NYC in a few areas. Right now, London is considered to be the top global financial center, for example.

Old 12-03-2009, 03:47 PM

586 posts, read 709,284 times
oh look! another Atlanta thread gone to sh*t!! what a Surprise!!

either a lot of people don't really care for or like Atlanta or the Atlanta residents are super defensive!
why else do Atlanta threads always end up this way =)

Old 12-03-2009, 03:51 PM

8,190 posts, read 6,445,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post

either a lot of people don't really care for or like Atlanta or the Atlanta residents are super defensive!
Neither. It's because there's usually no consensus on the standard of the subject under discussion, either because that wasn't done from the outset or because the issue is quite subjective in nature. With this thread, it's somewhat of a combination of the two.

Old 12-03-2009, 03:52 PM

5,992 posts, read 7,135,001 times
Atlanta is very diverse. I'm from Michigan, and Atlanta (well, Duluth) is by far the most diverse place I've lived. Asians and Hispanics everywhere. If you want to see cities that are just black and white go to South Bend or Scranton. Check out the statistics for the Niles-Benton Harbor, MI MSA (where I used to live). THAT is just black and white, not the Atlanta area.

Old 12-03-2009, 04:07 PM

7,732 posts, read 7,321,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post

Beacuse of too many posts like this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.