U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 03:15 PM

2,507 posts, read 2,269,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Beacuse of too many posts like this one.
and yours is just superb

sorry for stating what basically happens in every Atlanta thread... must be tiring constantly having to defend your hometown.

Old 12-03-2009, 03:17 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,150,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
and yours is just superb

sorry for stating what basically happens in every Atlanta thread... must be tiring constantly having to defend your hometown.
It's not my hometown. Like a couple of million other people, I live here by CHOICE.

Sorry your transfer hasn't happened yet.

Old 12-03-2009, 03:27 PM

2,507 posts, read 2,269,683 times
Quote:
It's not my hometown. Like a couple of million other people, I live here by CHOICE.

Sorry your transfer hasn't happened yet.
not yet =) I said in a few months less then a month ago so.....

are you sure it's not your hometown? the way you go on and on about it makes it seem so.......
Atlanta is just not popular to a large amount of people, thats pretty much what it comes down to. thats why all these Atlanta threads end this way.
now please go on with your b*tchfest with everyone that says something about Atlanta you disagree with about why and why not Atlanta is or isn't

Old 12-03-2009, 04:20 PM

8,190 posts, read 12,326,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
Atlanta is just not popular to a large amount of people, thats pretty much what it comes down to.
Don't confuse what happens here on CD with reality. Sunbelt cities in general, not just Atlanta, are routinely trashed here on CD (and sometimes the criticism is warranted), yet they continue to be the fastest-growing cities in the nation. I think enough people think Atlanta is "popular" enough to have made it one of the top 5 fastest-growing metros of this decade, probably of the last decade as well.

Old 12-03-2009, 04:30 PM

2,026 posts, read 3,675,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
Don't confuse what happens here on CD with reality. Sunbelt cities in general, not just Atlanta, are routinely trashed here on CD (and sometimes the criticism is warranted), yet they continue to be the fastest-growing cities in the nation. I think enough people think Atlanta is "popular" enough to have made it one of the top 5 fastest-growing metros of this decade, probably of the last decade as well.
Actually Atlanta was the fastest growing metro of last decade. Dallas/Fort Worth is the fastest growing one of this decade.

Old 12-03-2009, 04:31 PM

150 posts, read 97,772 times
Quote:
Good for CNBC. Who cares? Many, many, many people prefer London to New York, as do I.

You are making New York look bad.
No, he was not making NYC look bad. He was defending NYC when someone bashed it for no reason.

Old 12-03-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
NYC and London are generally considered to be peer cities and are placed in the same category. From what I've seen, NYC usually ranks at the top in most categories with London second, but London tops NYC in a few areas. Right now, London is considered to be the top global financial center, for example.
This is the PERFECT analysis of NYC and London.

Sometimes London is voted higher, but NYC gets the best of London most of the time.

Last edited by BXNYC; 12-03-2009 at 04:46 PM..

Old 12-03-2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Yes, they are. However, every city and region is trashed on this site.

I have noticed LA, NYC, Chicago, Philly, Boston, NJ, Miami and every city in between be trashed. Honestly, I don't think one city on this site hasn't been pushed under the bus.

Last edited by BXNYC; 12-03-2009 at 04:48 PM..

Old 12-03-2009, 04:44 PM

8,190 posts, read 12,326,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BXNYC View Post
Yes, they are. However, ever city and region is trashed on this site.

I have noticed LA, NYC, Chicago, Philly, Boston, NJ, Miami and every city in between be trashed. Honestly, I don;t think one city on this site hasn't been pushed under the bus.
You're right, they all do. But as a region, none other has taken a beating like the Sunbelt/South.

Old 12-03-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
You're right, they all do. But as a region, none other has taken a beating like the Sunbelt/South.
IDN man. The northeast and NYC take it pretty bad too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.