Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 10:28 PM

8,485 posts, read 14,987,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BXNYC View Post
I have been everywhere. All over Atlanta.

Been to a Falcons game, Hawks game, Braves and Thrashers game.

Went out in Buckhead for nightlife.

Went to the Hard Rock Cafe. Shopped at Lenox and I believe Phillips or Phips (spelling) malls. Also, ate at tons of restaruants.

Trust me, I have been all over that city. I use to live in the Southeast and my companies headquarters was there. I lived there during my training when my company hired me for 8 weeks. I know the area.
Most of your post could easily be googled/common knowledge. The one glaring thing is you said you went out in Buckhead for "the nightlife"? Really? The same Buckhead party district that has been DEAD for almost 5 years, and where a huge gaping hole in the ground has been for 3 years?

Old 12-02-2009, 10:35 PM

183 posts, read 230,609 times
Quote:
Seriously, are you FROM atlanta. You need to travel a little bit.

It's obvious to anyone who has visited Atlanta that it's not diverse. VERY OBVIOUS!!!

Now we have some people from other places posting inregards to this thread to show you that still your alone in this arguement that Atlanta isnt Diverse. I cant wait for more people too tune in and IS it me or is someone from NYC agreeing with us

Old 12-02-2009, 10:36 PM

150 posts, read 127,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Most of your post could easily be googled/common knowledge. The one glaring thing is you said you went out in Buckhead for "the nightlife"? Really? The same Buckhead party district that has been DEAD for almost 5 years, and where a huge gaping hole in the ground has been for 3 years?
Then believe me or don't believe me. I really don't care.

I tried to show you where I have been and you pull the random google on me.

Do you think that I could google all of that stuff, that fast. Get a life man.

You posted at 12:18. My response came at 12:21, which is 3 minutes behind your post. If you are not going to believe that I have been to Atlanta then you are a waste of my time. I good have given you the most deatiled analysis of Atlanta and you would have pulled the " I dont believe you have been there crap".

Old 12-02-2009, 10:39 PM

Quote:
I have been to Atlanta. I saw very few Hispanics and Asians.

I visit Atlanta on a regular basis, way over 10 times.

Therefore, the statistics just back up what I thought from visiting in person.
STop your lies stop your lies you havent been here no many times holla at me when you come back ill take to the communities. Your being very ignorant dude you asked us to post facts we posted now you dont wanna agree with them I think your being a A** about the situation

Old 12-02-2009, 10:40 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,667,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaGuy21 View Post
IS it me or is someone from NYC agreeing with us
It's not just you

Old 12-02-2009, 10:40 PM

8,485 posts, read 14,987,215 times
Quote:
Then believe me or don't believe me. I really don't care.

I tried to show you where I have been and you pull the random google on me.

Do you think that I could google all of that stuff, that fast. Get a life man.
Well seeing as how you named the sports teams of the city which are well known no matter where you're from, the Hard Rock Cafe which is in every major city, places like Buckhead/Lenox/and Phipps are common knowledge locations in Atlanta. Yet, you didn't say what other "restaurants" you went to, or some other detail about the city.

You're right, I can't say for fact that you aren't telling the truth. But if you were, you were walking with blinders on the whole time if you didn't see that this city is diverse.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaGuy21 View Post
STop your lies stop your lies you havent been here no many times holla at me when you come back ill take to the communities. Your being very ignorant dude you asked us to post facts we posted now you dont wanna agree with them I think your being a A** about the situation
No you stop your lies. You are mad because I saying the truth about Atlanta. I think that you are being an azz about the situation too.

Thanks for the offer, but I will pass on hanging out with you. I don't want to be around someone that can't type a complete sentence.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:43 PM

840 posts, read 2,085,417 times
I tried to do the math for the 5 county Metro area and this is what I came up with

Counties: Fulton, Cobb, Clayton, Dekalb, and Gwinett
Population 3,307,887

White: 1,425,573 43.09%
Black: 1,344,452 40.64%
N. American: 8,729 .26%
Asian: 151,437 4.57%
P. Islander: 1,557 .0004%
Two or More: 69,061 2.08%
Hispanic: 307,078 9.28%

I would say that this makes the core of Atlanta pretty diverse, and also take into account that White and Black only goes by skin color not by nationalities.

Go to the suburbs of:
Clarkston: Little Africa (Lots of Ethiopians and Muslims)
Chamblee: International Village (Latinos and Asians)
Doraville: ^^^^^^Same as above
Forest Park: Jonesboro Rd between Atlanta City Limits and Forest Parkway is almost all in Spanish so.....
Norcross: Same as Chamblee and Doraville
Duluth: Same as previous three (Their pretty much all in the same corridor that are almost completely connected together)
East Point: Growing Latino population
Cobb County: Growing Latino and Asian Population

Just read and thought might help
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buford_Highway

Old 12-02-2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Well seeing as how you named the sports teams of the city which are well known no matter where you're from, the Hard Rock Cafe which is in every major city, places like Buckhead/Lenox/and Phipps are common knowledge locations in Atlanta. Yet, you didn't say what other "restaurants" you went to, or some other detail about the city.

You're right, I can't say for fact that you aren't telling the truth. But if you were, you were walking with blinders on the whole time if you didn't see that this city is diverse.
Why would I lie about where I have been.

I don't care what a random person thinks about me through on a forum.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:44 PM

Quote:
I have been everywhere. All over Atlanta.

Been to a Falcons game, Hawks game, Braves and Thrashers game.

Went out in Buckhead for nightlife. Went to the Hard Rock Cafe. Shopped at Lenox and I believe Phillips or Phips (spelling) malls. Also, ate at tons of restaruants.

Trust me, I have been all over that city. I use to live in the Southeast and my companies headquarters was there. I lived there during my training when my company hired me for 8 weeks. I know the area.

LOL typical tourist areas everyone knows about those areas and the nightlife you speak of isnt in buckhead anymore
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.